FTP downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi guys,
I have a question, does using a FTP client like WS_FTP pro or cuteftp gives you better speed in downloading files from a FTP server than Flashget :?: I am Asking this because recently i went to a site which gave me only 4KB/s of downloading speed :roll: , although my connection speed gives me about 28KB/s.
If yes then which is the best FTP software, which has support for resuming broken downloads. Any type freeware or shareware. thanks

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Gaurav, the speed at which one downloads from a FTP site is purely dependant on the site itself. You could be getting low speeds of 4K as others might be downloading from the same server and hence the bandwidth needs to be shared. Flashget does the same job as any other ftp client so for speed reasons there is no reason to change to a ftp client.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
YEah it depends on the site and the server that it's hosted. But generally i find slower than other modes of downloads.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The speed limitation can exist still File Zilla is a free opensource FTP client U can get it from*www.sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom