FTP Clients and SQUID PROXY issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Whenever I try to access an FTP site using an FTP client such as FLASHFXP or Smart FTP or any other client, it doesnt let me access. We are using SQUID proxy server version 2.4 stable. If I access the ftp site via the browser (both IE and FIREFOX) it works fine. I can access it. I can even acess it from FlashGet at times. But if I try to access it via an FTP client it doesnt work.

Also I have given the sepcific proxy connection parameters in FlashFXP. I have tried all the different connection methods (except for socks as socks is not implemented by SQUID).

I really dont get this one. Any help guys ?

GameAddict

In the zone
My guess...

Hi,

I think if you can alter the User Agent parameter of the FTP clients, they may work.AS FTP access is not denied (you said that IE can access it), so they are blocking the requests through User Agent field.My guess...try and let us know.

About SOCKS on Squid, I have some doubt, because I have configured mIRC to use SOCKS5? :?:

Bye!

GA

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
no that didnt work...there is no user agent field in the FTP clients either in Smart FTP nor in FlashFXP. I am still looking around.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom