From where can I download OpenSuse DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
I'am not sure if OpenSuSe is available as DVD ISO. What is seemed as OpenSuSe DVD is the ISO Images of all CD's compiled together using Isolinuz.

Satissh S

Youngling
Hmm. Interesting to see Evaluation Edition as not Time limited and it does install to HDD. WOW! :shock: :)

The evaluation edition is not time limited. It does install to the hard disk.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Thats because they are not offering DVD iso's for OpenSuSE's yet. LFY has created one DVD from CD isos, and distributed it with Nov. 2005 issue, you can try to obtain that.

Satissh S

Youngling
Riyaz.. It misses several packages such as eclipse, thunderbird that probably went down during compilation.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I haven't tried any post-2004 gnu/linux distros other than FC4 and some live cds. Haven't tried OpenSuSE, Mandriva 2006, Ubuntu 5.10 HD install or any other. Thats becasue i'm pretty happy with my current distro, Een though I've almost all the latest distros in my collection. I collect those hoping someone will ask me for, but my friends seldom ask anything other than FC4.

Well, Satish, don't OpenSuSE have a good software install tool ?

Satissh S

Youngling
Yes it has Riyaz, One can configure Yast Sources and install all the softies and nyways AptForSuse is always there.
But i'am curious that even many of my frnds ask me to give them fc4 even though many other fancy distros are available. I think it's because it's a proven fact that FC is Sabse solid.

PS: Riyaz, i suggest you post your "HOW TO ask questions" thread in QnA section here and have gnurag make it a sticky. Threads such as "Linux", makes no sense :) .

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Satissh S said:
PS: Riyaz, i suggest you post your "HOW TO ask questions" thread in QnA section here and have gnurag make it a sticky. Threads such as "Linux", makes no sense :) .

I fear how many will follow suggestions. Inspite of the fact that we've rules posted in every section, Atleast 50 threads are being locked up every week. Why ? People hate to read rules. Even if someone reads, they simply ignores it.

Another reason for not posting proper titles are because of the fact that, it would attract less views. Problem in OpenSuSE will attract more views than Problem with Apache 2.0.54 along with MySQL 4.16 on OpenSuSE 10.1 for the fact that Almost all will go through the first title, But those who have knowledge or have interest in Web Server will go through latter one, although both can be the title of the same thread, with a higher possiblility of the first one.

Anyway let me ask gnurag about this, as I dont want my post to be locked and deleted by a mod for being double posted.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
If you want, I can replicate that, and send to you.

Ofcourse, you have to bear media and postage charges, as i'm no Mark Shuttleworth.

OP
C

cybermanas

Thanks desertwind,but I got that issue DVD from a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom