Frizzly Framing (photoshop Tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Here’s a nice trick to frame your picture in a kind of…well, I don’t know how to describe it. Now there may be lots of methods to do this, but here’s one:

Step 1: Create a new image (let's call it image1), about the size of the image that you want to frame. Paint around with a natural brush or something. I don’t have one so I just painted a piece of paper with a black paint and then scanned it. Paint in the form of what I have painted. You can use the my file.

*img203.exs.cx/img203/5244/blackpaper1kp.th.jpg

Step 2: Go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast and pump the contrast to maximum. Also, adjust brightness of the image to get a frizzly kind of image.

*img8.exs.cx/img8/7659/frizzly24pz.jpg

Step 3: Next, open the image that you want framed (image2). Any kind will do. I’ll use a group pic. Copy the entire image by pressing Ctrl+A or going to Select > All. And then Ctrl+C or Edit > Copy.

Step 4: Highlight image1 by clicking on the title bar. Then go to Select > Colour Range.
Pump the fuzziness to 200 and then with the eyedropper, select the black in the image. Click OK.

*img181.exs.cx/img181/3329/frizzly37gu.jpg

Step 5: Make sure your colour mode is clicking to RGB by going to Image>Mode>RGB colour. Go to Edit > Paste Into or press Ctrl+Shift+V on the keyboard to paste your image into the selection. That’s it!

Adjustments:
- If you wanted the image to have a black background instead of the white, Invert the colours after step 2 by going to Image > adjustments > Invert or Press Ctrl+I
- Your blackpaper doesn't necessarily restrict the size of your framework. Just increase the size of the document (image1) to whatever your image2 size is, pixelation isnt a problem here.
-

Another method to do this and get variable results is: (continuing from step 2)

Step 3: Select the image1 by pressing Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C.
Step 4: Open your new image and then just paste (Ctrl+V). Then, just change the blend modes of the newly formed layer.
*img181.exs.cx/img181/1900/frizzly46qy.jpg

Method #3:

If you want your background to be an abstract or somethin' follow on:

Step 3: Open a new image (image3), i recommend an abstract. Copy the image

Step 4: Click the title bar of Image1, go to Select >Colour Range and then select the white part of the image. Click OK

Step 5: Paste the Abstract into the selection by pressing Ctrl+Shift+V or Edit > paste Into.

Step 6: Open your forground image (Image2) and copy the entire image. Go to your Image1. Then go to Select > Colour Range and Reduce the Fuzziness to 0. Then click on the black part of the image. OK.

Step 7: Paste your forground by pressing Ctrl+Shift+V or Edit > Paste Into.

Here’s my final using the first method:
*img181.exs.cx/img181/1120/frizzlyfinal7nv.jpg

With Abstract (method 3):
*img238.exs.cx/img238/8432/frizzlyfinal25se.jpg

All comments appreciated.

If this tutorial sounded a bit too complicated, please let me know, I'll try and simplify/organise it better.

EDIT: Also, If you want to make the abstract background effect (method #3), then let me know, I will post the tutorial for that.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
i really envy you man...... you always seem to be having a blast in goa.....man i was there for a week during the carnival and i went crazy!

T

Tux

lamrinnirmal said:
i really envy you man...... you always seem to be having a blast in goa.....man i was there for a week during the carnival and i went crazy!

I envy u. U must be enjoying near the MAGNET or anything in B.TRI.

sanjubuddy

Right off the assembly line
Nice affect ,tell me peoples i got big collection of my work and i am really intersted to load it over internet ,click me the best place to show off my pieice of work ....

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
well goobi, this one is nt orignel with my copy of PS Cs i got a tutorial from photoshop magzine, i dont remember the auther, but this one is discribed the same way even the background images.
but
well keep it up !
u posted it in a nice n entertaning way

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Well I didn't say it was original. My friend showed it to me once and it got stuck in my head. All the steps are written by me, but I guess the concept was not. I would have posted the source if I had known...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom