Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
After seeing so many questions asking as to which is the best firewall outhere here is a link which has done an extreme comparion of the diff firewalls. So see for urself

*www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.htm

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Wow nice review that..So after all Zonealarm may not be that secure
Ok
1) Look n stop ( Never heard of tht firewall before ) is first
2) OutPost is Second best
3) My very Own Zone Alarm Came 3rd .. :cry: Miserable .
Kaspersky n Norton n Sygate all fare very bad.
And the most talked about windows Xp service pack 2 fails all of the tests. Theres really no difference between SP1 ans SP2
Come to think of this...anyone got link to Look n Stop Firewall download. :roll:

theraven

Technomancer
VERY good link
heres one that i found
*www.personal-firewall-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
not much
anyways bats runnin this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11368
PM him this link maybe he can use it...
gr8 find !

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
vysakh said:
i use sp2 firewall
till now my win sp2 firewall has not shown any thing, not even something to tell that it even works :!:

and i have kaspersky installed which "fares bad" .

H

h4ck3r

my view...

Kaspersky is ok so is black ice ..but dont go for zone-alarm and norton..they are just crap...The packets can be easily sent thro these two firewalls really quickly..
BTW Nice stats and thanks ..iam very glad tht many sys are vuln to attack becoz tht stats show tht more than 70% use ZA pro :lol:

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Re: my view...

h4ck3r said:
Kaspersky is ok so is black ice ..but dont go for zone-alarm and norton..they are just ****...The packets can be easily sent thro these two firewalls really quickly..
BTW Nice stats and thanks ..iam very glad tht many sys are vuln to attack becoz tht stats show tht more than 70% use ZA pro :lol:

huh ? ZA got 17/24 and its rated as the 3rd best of the lot tested. Kaspersky failed on most tests !!! why would anyone reccomend it :roll: Come on man....sending packets thru is one thing...however the packets needs to be received and also instructions need to be sent. I have tried the above tests myself and ZA works on most and Kaspersky failed.!! Or perhaps ur just trying to soften up the people so that u can sucker them into using Kaspersky ;) benefits u doesnt it ;) hehe

theraven

Technomancer
coz i was told by my frd, cable user should b protected by a firewall ... as being on a network any1 could use my pc ...
ANY user should have a firewall
try the new zone alarm 5.5
its OUT OF BETA .
thats the version tested in the above comparison
if u are STILL skeptical
use the one that topped the comparison
link is already given in the thread !

H

h4ck3r

icecoolz is phunny

K man i accept tht kaspersky aint the best..but i also have black ice..so doesnt bother me much
AND TE SECOND PART .... :cry:
Hey icecoolz u dunno the paket sendind part..thts why yo blabbering like this..so go learn abt the topic and then fight 8)

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Re: icecoolz is phunny

h4ck3r said:
K man i accept tht kaspersky aint the best..but i also have black ice..so doesnt bother me much
AND TE SECOND PART .... :cry:
Hey icecoolz u dunno the paket sendind part..thts why yo blabbering like this..so go learn abt the topic and then fight 8)

calms himself down....if I dont knw then u can perhaps enlighten all of us and tell us what ur talkin abt...n00b...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom