Fresh Win Xp Installation on Seagate SATA 120GB Harddisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshpimple

Right off the assembly line
Dear All,

I want to install Windows Xp on Seagate SATA 120GB Harddisk. Will u pleaze tell me the procedure & driver location on web, if any.

My System is,

P4 3.00 Ghz.
Asus P5V800 Mother Board
Transcend 512 MB Ram

Thanks in Advance,
DIPAK

OP
N

nileshpimple

Right off the assembly line
Dear All,

I want to install Windows Xp on Seagate SATA 120GB Harddisk. Will u pleaze tell me the procedure & driver location on web, if any.

My System is,

P4 3.00 Ghz.
Asus P5V800 Mother Board
Transcend 512 MB Ram

Thanks in Advance,
DIPAK

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Visit these pages:

1- Loading XP on a SATA drive
2- Installing Windows XP. Use any one of the guides given below.

Guide 1
Guide 2
Guide 3

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well make sure that u hv a BOOTABLE WIN XP Cd for installation.
Start ur PC and press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS and select the 1st BOOT PRIORITY to CD ROM and insert ur WIN XP BOOTABLE CD into the CD ROM and wen the message appers"PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD" press any key to start the installation proces...

Since u hv a brand new HDD (i am jus guessing) so u will be asked to agree to accept the license agreement of WIN XP so u hv to press the F8 key and u hv to specify the partitions(NTFS or FAT32 file system,u can go for FAT32 option if u r confused) for the various partitons u wanna create.

After creating the partitions, install the WIN XP OS on the C: partition and follow the onscreen instructions...When setup has finished loading all the necessary files,It will ask u to REBOOT the PC (it will self reboot) u hv to remove the WIN XP CD from ur CD ROM DRIVE and the system will restart...

Again the message will come"PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD" so at this time do not press any key, let the PC detect ur WIN XP files and u will be directed to the WIN XP installation interface (blue screen) and then i u will be prompted to enter the CD KEY(product key) of the WIN XP CD,enter the Key and let WIN XP be installed on ur newly partitioned HDD.

The WIN XP installation will take approximately 25-30 Minutes to install the OS on ur HDD...relax, hv a COKE and smile with ur WIN XP version :wink:

NOTE: if at any point, u dont understrand anything or if u r confused, plz read everythiong(manuals) to install the WIN XP on ur HDD...

post ur results/querries (if any) regarding the same..

cheers n peace... :) :)

zodiac_511

The CREATURE
Welcome to the forum Nilesh
Read the rules and u will understand tht this has to b posted in the qna section. i think there is a guide in the tutorials regarding this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom