1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Frequent Hang ups

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by techsammy, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techsammy

techsammy New Member

My PC
    MotherBoard : Intel 865 GBF

Processor : Intel 3.06 Ghz

RAM : 512 Mb DDR 400 MHz

HARD Drive : 2 x 80 GB UATA Seagte Barracudda

Operarting Sy: Windows Xp With service pack 2

My Problem : Normally while i work my task manger shows 40-45 process running. The real problem is that my simpy restarts after i work for sometime. Sometimes its gets hanged up. Tried installing windows 2 - 3 times, checked my hard drive dont understand where is the problem ? Also when i start playing games or DVD's generally i get blue screen reporting errors. The pc was brought 6 months ago, it worked fine for 5 months but for last one month it has been troubling me too much. Its a humble request to all the members of the forum please please help me

Yours
    TechSammy

2. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

Looks like you might have too many items in your startup (I have about 30 processes) - could be legit programs adding to startup or spyware also.. Run msconfig and take a look at the list of startup programs, remove those that are not needed... To check for spyware/viruses, use software like Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG Antivirus, etc to scan for problems... Also, download HijackThis and run it, post the log on the forum so that we can tell you what else might be the problem...

One more thing, open your comp case and remove any settled dust... Can sometimes affect RAM to cause BSODs...

Arun

3. phatratt

phatratt New Member

40-45 tasks :eek: :eek: u must be kidding mate.Remove tasks(TSR programs)like antivirus,firewall,antispywares when u are NOT connected to the internet.since these programs are memory hoggers just kill them(tasks) if u want to play games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.