French Kids get Open Source Software on USB drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
daria42 said:
"To help make kids aware of alternatives to proprietary software the Ile-de-France, the political district of greater Paris, will give 175,000 school children and apprentices USB keys loaded with open-source software. With a word-processing program, audio and video playback capabilities, an email client and an IM client, these are essentially computers on a stick. The council touts this as 'represent[ing] for students a tool of freedom and mobility between their school, cybercafes and their home or friends' PCs'."
Read more here *linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/06/0126231

Aberforth

The Internationalist
pathiks said:
India me aisa kyu nahi hota ????????????????????????????????? :(

Someone has to take the initiative and it can happen in India too. The question is, "Who?"

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Though they take up an initiative like this, more often the 'officials' would flick it for themselves; they can use it or not. Also, the kids might delete the stuff on it and might even sell it :D

OP
M

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Also people start misusing like *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48229 and *digg.com/linux_unix/OFFER_Ubuntu_only_Rs_1500_per_CD/

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
tech_your_future said:
Also people start misusing like *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48229 and *digg.com/linux_unix/OFFER_Ubuntu_only_Rs_1500_per_CD/

I can't believe that guy actually managed to sell few CDs. I can't believe the suckers as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom