Freeware counterparts of popular Paid software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
Hi Guys (and Gals),

If you would rather buy a 2 GB RAM stick rather than spend 2000 bucks for a 'paid' software and use a 'freeware' instead *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif , this thread is for you.

Since most of us are patrons of specific software *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/5.gif , I thought a thread catering the needs of freeware having the features, look or feel of a specific paid software can do wonders. This way we can stop piracy too.

I hope you all liked the idea and I HOPE THAT THE 'MODERATOR' WILL MAKE THIS THREAD STICKY *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/yes.gif.

Please donot spam in this thread *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/107.gif. People posting in this thread, please specify the complete name of the free software, along with the name of its paid equivalent (if any). If possibe, also mention the versions and links of the software.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.5 is being given Free on CNET. Use it instead of the bloating Nero.

*www.download.com/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio/3000-2646_4-10776288.html?tag=lst-8

Last edited:

New

Padawan
Let me remember some alternatives..
1.AVG or Avast instead of Kaspersky or any paid one
2.Open office .org instead of M.S. Office
3.Ubuntu in place of XP*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/68.gif
4.Gom player in place of Power DVD

prasad_den

Padawan
Gom player instead of any paid DVD player/any other player
Infrarecorder instead of Nero or Roxio
Comodo pro in place of any paid premium firewalls

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
You want open-source alternatives for costly software... I give you... OpenSourceALTernatives... Plain & simple :twisted:

Against every commercial software, there will be free alternatives.... Choose well... and be free....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom