Freespire- The new Linux distro from the Linspire stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

borg

In the zone
*www.freespire.org/

Say hello to yet another free Linux distro, this time from the Linspire folks. It will be called 'Freespire' & it will be freely downloadable, community driven distro similar to OpenSuse, Fedora,etc. The difference is that freespire will have a version which will include non open source, propietary technologies, such as codecs, etc. Which is a very good thing for consumers.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well mate i downloaded it , but it doesn't have an option to install the boot loader on the root partition , it can only install the boot loader to the mbr , so i can't install it ! anybody has any solution for this ?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Try on linspire forums, that's your best bet.
No one uses Linspire here. It's considered as an outcast in linux community for it's non-FOSS like behaviour. And not to mention it's considered one of the worst, restrictive distro.
So, people prefer to go with distros which give them more freedom to use as they like.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Borg, that's very old news. See here
@Zeeshan, you can try Fedora , Ubuntu or Suse Linux distros. Freespire comes last with
a user following of around 1% ( DesktopLinux.com survey)!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Look at the date of the first post JGuru.

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@JGuru, well i've been using all those distros ( and Debian 3.1 as main , all other just for trying out ) , but i was a bit excited when i heard that freespire included propreitary codecs in it's default install so i just wanted to dual boot it n check it out , but alas , n now i've stopped tryin to install it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom