Freelancer: One of The Best Games Ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4d/Fl_box.jpg​

I am currently playing Microsoft Freelancer, it is a game released in March 2003. Its one of the best Space Sims ever and a really addictive game. So I decided to mention it here for the people who havnt heard of it.

For more about it:

Reviews: (I dont know any other game with reviews like this)
*www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/external.asp

Wikipedia:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_%28computer_game%29

Story:
*www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/story.asp

Official Downloads: (There is a 116MB Fan Kit...how nice)
*www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/downloads.asp

The Modding Community:
*www.lancersreactor.com/t/

What I feel about Freelancer:

"Freelancer stands out in the World of Games, the same way Trance stands out in the World of Music" - MavericK Rohan

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

Very nice game. The racing part was very difficult. Freelancer 2 was about to be annonced and later they cancelled it :(

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
This is kewl......everyone who has played Freelancer....simply loves the game... all the more reason, for other hardcore gamers to give it a go:p

PS: You guys might be wondering, do I work for M$? ... well no, but I am promoting a well made game which is worthy of appreciation.....and you can see that from all the various reviews as well.

Its a completely different genre(not just another FPS, RPG or RTS)....and its very difficult to make a complete n good package in that genre...n Digital Anvil have pulled it off, so it is one of the games you must play at some point in time.......

T

thunderbird.117

Well if freelancer is best space simulation, I introduce you to Act of War: Direct Action and Act of War: High Treason the both are good RTS. The sad part is i dont why this game is not in india. Iam tryin to make this games to be heard.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
Awesome Game .....
Good space sim .....
Have any of u guys/gals played Descent Freespace 2 ??How is it if u have played it ??

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
i have have played the demeo........many people said its a good game, well the graphics r pretty good, considering it was released in 99, but it is not a good game controls wise, if you r gonna use the KBD-Mouse Combo........there is no game which can beat Freelancer in the way the controls r implemented for a Space Sim!!!

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
no it was never released n never will be released ... :(

till then u shud keep playing Freelancer n explore n discover new systems ... the game never ends u know ... there are a many more hidden systens n jump gates to be discovered ... new alliances to be forged ... etc....

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I have freelancer since 5 yrs now. Awsome game. Played it 3 times already. Played it online a couple of times also. Anyone here play freelancer online ? Its no use playing online unless u got a team.

I think i went through all the hidden systems and got my ship modded also. Got a sabre with 16 gun/torret points and unlimited missiles and stuffs, just 1 click of the mouse and no one gets the courage to stand in front of my ship.

Its really cool. I don't got it installed in my PC now though, but those good memories are still there. BEST PC GAME EVER !!

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
5 years ... how is that possible ... it was released in March 2003, and its June 2006 ... which makes it a little above 3 years old....

BTW please let us know how you got the ship modded to mount 16 gun/turrents ...did you use any of the mods on lancersreactor.com or u did something on your own and fiddled with the config files....

As of now ... I am at Level 38 (MAX), own a TITAN (which is THE best ship in the game ... and all the LEVEL 10 guns, though I can mount only 4 at a time, 2 hard points are level 9 :()

I know in some mods the levels have been increased and so has the credit level to increase your levels...

Well, I do agree the Sabre looks better tahn a TITAN ... but the TITAN is STRONGER & HARDER ...

And yes I have been to all the systems including the 2 unknow systems ...

One System there were two planets Primus & some other one, but one had moneys & the other had robots, ... and the funny part was, all them know you :))

The other system is just a huge system with one star & some nomads keep coming to attack you....

But I just wanted to ask you one question...

In the storyline you go through Omicron Minor (the Order System) & Omicron Major(Nomad System) ..also through Alaska & Tohuku(tekagi's Base) ... but after the story finishes and u become a Freelancer again ... and you try to go through these Jump Gates ... it says access denied :(

Is there any way to access them .... ????!!!!

reddragon

In the zone
WELL THEN WHY THIS GAME IS NOT-SO-FAMOUS ?after all it is by M$ .

i searched about this game ( original shop ) but fileNotFoundException .

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
because its a Space Sim ... That Genre is not as famous as FPS or RTS ...

like i said before:

"Freelancer stands out in the World of Games, the same way Trance stands out in the World of Music" - MavericK Rohan

You see, even trance & esp Vocal trance is high energy, high melody music which gets on on a high, but we dont see it much on TV n nor is it that popular ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom