Freehostia and .co.cc - Urgent Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Friends,

I am new to hosting and need your urgent help. I recently switched from wordpress.com to freehostia to host my blog. Freehostia is great :D

I simply wanna configure Freehostia and .co.cc, but I am not getting how to do so? I opened a support ticket and got accurate responses, but I am a NEWBIE so it's very very hard for me to configure .co.cc

Here are the steps that I followed:

1. Firstly I entered:

dns1.freehostia.com
dns2.freehostia.com in .co.cc domain setup

2. Now after 24 hours or so when I entered *mrinntech.co.cc/ it showed me the following error:
*i33.tinypic.com/2hrfkew.jpg

3. I opened a support ticket and there I was guided to download filezilla with the following Instructions:
You will need the following details for your FTP client:

FTP Host(s): mrinntech.co.cc

Username: *****
Password: *****

Type of connection: passive mode and only one FTP connection available.

The correct path where you will have to upload your files is:

/www/mrinntech.co.cc/
Now with reference to above I am not getting this where I can get the content of my site to upload? I am completely confused :(

Please guide me.

- With Best Wishes :)

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
I created a database first and than simply installed Wordpress. I am not getting you can you please give a example? :(

My blog address is *mrinntech.freehostia.com/

Sorry friend I am new to domain and hosting so it's a bit hard for me to get what actually you wanna say. But I request you to please help me. :)

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You need to setup further in your control panel to redirect *www.mrinntech.co.cc to *mrinntech.freehostia.com/
How to do it depends on your control panel software like CPanel or DirectAdmin.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
It's cPanel. When I opened a ticket there they said in order to use .co.cc you have to upload ur site content there using filezilla. But I am not getting how to upload the site content/from where I must download the site content.

I submitted the ticket as it was showing the error as shown in the screenshot of the first post

pls help

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No, your site is working fine. No need to upload anything or such.
Only problem is with the redirection.
You need to redirect *www.mrinntech.co.cc to *mrinntech.freehostia.com/ , you will have to check that in you CPanel. If you can't find it I will check one of the CPanel accesses I have around and tell you.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Friend, I don't want redirection at all. I want something like this i.e. DNS mapping

* *mrinntech.freehostia.com/xx/xx/xxxx/post name to *mrinntech.co.cc/xx/xx/xxxx/post name, this is the thing I want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom