Status
Not open for further replies.

vedant_15

Right off the assembly line
The second ISO which digit gave in its DVD appears to be only 262 mb but it is actually more than 700 mb when uncompressed! Is Digit gone mad! But how do I write it into a CD?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well.. The ISO is actually created by FreeBSD ppl .. so dont say Digit ppl are gone made .. .. and those ISOs are meant to burn to CDs so they will burn on regular CDs ..

sumanpaul

Right off the assembly line
I just want to know how to install it .. I mean I havent read if any help was there ... I havent gone through it.If it was there then I am sorry in advance :)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Did you burn those CDs ? well then reboot from the first CD that contains packages and start the installer.... it would walk you through the installation .... but make sure that you have a 5 GB primary partition (no logical partitions please) .... separately reserved .... then figure out how to partition your disk... and you're done.... have you installed Linux before ? otherwise this is gonna be a daunting task for you !!!

you can go through its official FAQ and Getting started guides...
Click here for BSD Manual:
*www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

Click here for FAQ:
*www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/index.html

swatkat

Technomancer
If you use Nero,Open Nero and from File menu select Burn Image and the give the file name of the iso image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom