8. www.ej.am
9. hyperphp.com

And here is a list of free domain name providers I found:

1. www.freedomain.co.nr
2. www.uni.cc
3. www.dot.tk
4. www.dom.ir
5. www.co.cc

And here I found a host who provides free .com, .net and .org domains along with hosting:

*free-name.org/

Now I need help in selecting the best canditate. If you have had any issues/experience with one of these, can you please list them here ?

I don't mind ads in my website. But obviously, their inexistance is helpful. I expect lots of traffic. And the domain name should be a proper one, not a frame in which my site is housed and full of ads.

I am willing to take a small capacity site with loads of good features to make the ideal homepage plus a large capacity usable site.

Last edited:

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
i dont know about many free hosts but 110mb used to be the best
until they started charging for databases.if its a database free site then go for it.
For the domain get .uni.cc (it doesnot matter though cause majority of the people dont prefer sites with free domains)
The site free-name.org will get you free domain for most probably only the first year and ask you to pay for the subsequent years.if you dont they will take away the domain and thus the traffic on it and may put ads on it and stuff(not sure)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Let me warn you about www.free-name.org-the free TLD provider:

Free domain with Paid Hosting Plan

Free domain names which are included with Paid Hosting accounts are the property of Byethost Internet Ltd. Byethost will always retain ownership of free domain names we register. If requested, Byethost will allow the 'transfer' any free domains to an alternative hosting provider if a transfer administration fee is paid, which amounts to $29.99. Byethost reserves the right to cancel, transfer or sell domain names which are provided with paid hosting accounts. We reserve the right to renew or allow the expiration of domain names we register. Byethost is not responsible for abuse or any illegal content hosted or associated with a domain names we register, we reserve the right to terminate hosting services at any time.

anand1

In the zone
i have tried 110mb.com and its quite useful who needs to try their hands on web designing or web work.

Let me warn you about www.free-name.org-the free TLD provider:
its not all.

I even need a credit card for accessing the feature.

its almost out of question, but in case one of you have it, I thought maybe, just maybe I can post its name here and see the response.

110mb too feature less for me.
I already have freewebs account and I am one happy customer. But its size is too small.
googlepages templates aren't too exiting.

so what to do with the remaining ?

uni.cc has nessassary name, but places ads. registered anyhow.

gautham.co.cc is available. Should I cash in on the opportunity ? Nah I need to be 18+ and give my address. Its ruled out.

gautham.dom.ir is also available. will register once site is made

required name .co.nr is also available. no ads. no popups. site must already exist, so will register once site is made. link back to main site in a page required using 10X20 banner(rofl). Will gladly do that.

Now can someone please tell me what hosting to use so that I might get started already ?

And is it possible to have homepage in one hosting but other pages in another, or forums in a seperate host, etc ?

blackpearl

The Devil
It's good that 110mb charge for database, which means that their databases aren't loaded with all free websites, which makes 110mb perhaps the best free hosting websites ever. They are also around for several years now, and doen't look like one of those free host that disappear overnight. Besides, their database, SMTP etc fees are one time.

It's good that 110mb charge for database, which means that their databases aren't loaded with all free websites, which makes 110mb perhaps the best free hosting websites ever. They are also around for several years now, and doen't look like one of those free host that disappear overnight. Besides, their database, SMTP etc fees are one time.
AFAIK, MySQL is one of the best databases around.
and its free.
pgsql is also awssome.
and its free.

bump

bump

bump

Last edited:
bump

Is there some good free host which is fast ?

x10hosting.com is feature rich, yes, but its damn too slow for my liking. Uploads are also difficult.

I am making a Joomla! Site with WordPress Blog and a Simple Machines Forum.

If I try to get paid hosting, I will surely cross my budget allotment of Rs. 500/- max including shipping :(

So All I can manage now is getting a .info domain from Cyrus_The_Virus which costs me Rs. 172/-(including surcharge for money order) and think of a free webhost.

Any advice ?

devgujar

Broken In
CHECK
*www.000webhost.com/?id=16052

-1 GB space
-ADDS FREE
-Free subdomain
-Php & mysql database
-FTP ACCESS
-5 EMAIL ACCOUNTS

for review Check my site : devgujar.site90.com

jocoolguy

Right off the assembly line
there are many of service provider were offering decent hosting offer, i found a company where i found free hosting for domain and other free facilities further details reach here. *www.tucktail.com/

tuxfan

Technomancer
I really don't understand why do ppl go for a free domain name?

- Your site is known by your domain name
- You use an email with your domain name
- You signup with adsense, etc. with your domain name
- All the backlinks, etc. get built over a period of time with domain name

Think about the consequence of losing a domain name! All your efforts over a period of time and backlinks, etc. are lost! You start from scratch!

Why do you want a silly .cc or any other domain name? Look for a good, pay for it. Use free hosting if you must. But never go for a free domain name. Even if a hosting provider gives you a free domain name with a hosting a/c, you should NEVER go for it.

Even paid hosting isn't too expensive. Well, this is not to advertise what I provide but it's as cheap as 1000 bucks a year for 500 MB. Add to it cost a .com. So total 1,450/- for a year. That's less than Rs. 4 per day! I am sure there will be others providing for even less than that.

Is it too difficult to earn more than that thru adsense, contera, etc.?

There are a few people who were (or may be still) active in the forum here. They were using free hosting and one day that site just stopped providing service. They lost all their data and couldn't even complain because it was free!

Still if you don't want to spend on hosting, don't spend. But NEVER EVER go for a free domain name. Well, those are my 2 cents from my little experience in hosting :)

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
I am with 110mb for over 4 years now. and i find it very useful and simply the best.
-Sude

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

I am with 110mb for over 4 years now. and i find it very useful and simply the best.
-Sude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom