free firewall ...confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

lajs

Broken In
i really want to know which is the best FREE !! firewall ..i went throu many sites but i could' nt spot the best ...i need it ...

iam using dial up connection ....do share in ur experiences ....i need free firewall with intrusion detection system with logs and also IN ,OUT traffic controller!!!!

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
zonealarm 5 (not the pro version) is free for individual and home users...
and going by its reputation, ZA is a very good firewall.

theraven

Technomancer
there are a lot of firewall threads going on in this forum
use this
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/search.gif
anyways since i dun have time to search id suggest zone alarm free version

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
you have not specified the OS you use. I do not assume that every one used windows as a default OS, so i suggest if you use linux(which most likely you do) then use iptables and guarddog (as a frontend) its secure and has minimum system overload.

ice

In the zone
Ur on dial up, how long are u online in a day?
If ur using sp2, and arent engaging in really stupid activites windows firewall is good enough, Ive been using it on my Always On connection without any complaints.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
i use sygate firewall it's cool too it maintains a cool log file too :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

digen

Youngling
Ice dude windows firewall doesnt block outgoing traffic.Forget about blocking it doesnt even monitor it.I think if you are always online then a firewall with both incoming & outgoing traffic is a must.The stuff that comes from P2P,you never know whats in it unless & until you scan your system with a updated anti-virus.You dont want a trojan to access the internet without your permission do you?

My bet use Zone Alarm.Configure i according to your needs & chill.

OP
L

lajs

Broken In
busy anuj ...thanks ......for the link .....<iam lazy fellow to do search :) >..i think i will try out zone alarm ...

thnks!!!!

theraven

Technomancer
lajz said:
busy anuj ...thanks ......for the link .....<iam lazy fellow to do search >..i think i will try out zone alarm ...

thnks!!!!
i think u really need to read this
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6781
and i quote
digit rules said:
* Do not create new topics unnecessarily.
Use the “Search� link to find similar topics before posting a new thread. If multiple threads of the same topic are found, the first (oldest) will remain, and the rest will be deleted.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Lol .. Lajs .. thats what I was waiting for .. I was wondering why you still havent mentioned Kerio :p ...

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
in the world of P*I*R*E*C*Y every software is free......Use zap pro

But if u really like free then use zone alarm,its cool man!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom