Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your ISP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
In this world where every service now going pay I thought about taking the Digit users opinion about the best free email services they use. I have included all those services that I have used and found satisfactory.
If you have suggestions then please post them ..

OP
it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I thought I should add a brief profile of each provider :

Yahoo !
  • Space = 1 Gb.
  • Ads= Yes
  • POP3/SMTP Access= No/No
  • Speed=Fast
  • Spam filters= Quite powerful

Hotmail
  • Space = 3MB.
  • Ads= Yes
  • POP3/SMTP Access= Yes (HttpMail Access , Outlook Exp or Outlook Only)/Yes
  • Speed=Crawling
  • Spam filters= Fair enough.

Rediffmail
  • Space = 1 GB
  • Ads= Yes
  • Speed=Lightening
  • Spam filters= Do they have any spam filters ?

MyRealbox
  • Space = 10MB
  • Ads= No
  • POP3/SMTP Access= Yes/Yes (Imap protocol)
  • Speed=Fast

Indiatimes
  • Space = 1 Gb now.
  • Ads= Yes
  • Speed=Fast
  • Spam filters= Sheesh .. They send their own spam.

Coolgoose
  • Space = 10 MB.
  • Ads= Yes
  • Speed=Fast
  • Spam filters= Never used.

Gmail
  • Space = 2 GB and growing...
  • Ads= Yes
  • POP3/SMTP Access= Yes/Yes
  • Speed=Lightening
  • Spam filters= Quite powerful.

Spymac
  • Space = 1 GB.
  • Ads= No
  • Speed=Fast

Bluebottle
  • Space = 250 MB
  • Ads= No
  • Speed=Fast
  • Spam filters= Okay.

Most of these providers have a Pro service which is Pay and gives all those services that are not provided for free.

[Edit]Updates :
[1]Hotmail is now offering a Beta service called Windows Live Mail which has 2 GB webspace. The interface is quite nice and I hardly get any spam on it. WLM will eventually replace Hotmail untill Feb 2006.

[2] MyRealbox have stopped new registrations.

[3]Bluebottle was down for some time in 2004 and since then I stopped using it. Its back again though . ..

sajal

Broken In
Whoa! Nice post with info.

Yes, all those are quite nice but my fav is Hotpop.

• Its POP/SMTP service is very much reliable.
  • It gives some more domains like you@toughguy.net etc.
  • Somehow the ADs have stopped for me.

Check it out, you'll surely stick with it. Btw, its definitely better than myrealbox's POP/SMTP.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
u dont need new threads/polls to convey thesame message.

but blokes dont look around for similr discussions before they post a new topic , do they?
this "which is best email" topic is the second or third one i am seeing here.

also those "new chip" threads -before they were deleted-they were about 6 of them.

open u r eyes maan.
look around

BONZI

Journeyman
Some more sites

Any-Mail
Pop3-mail.any-mail.co.uk
Smtp smtp.any-mail.co.uk
10 Mb

Their service is only available to over 18's. They are UK Web Portals, providing an easy way to search for information on the Web. Any-Mail.co.uk is their free e-mail service, making use of over 18,000 domain names (mainly villages, surnames and generic names) to provide a personalised service to their users. Be warned: The provider doesn't seem to be answering emails regarding the website or system,but mostly everything can be configured and checked yourself!

AtlasWebMail
Pop3-atlaswebmail.com
10 Mb
You will be given 10Mb of space to store your mails. They provide a forum page to quickly answer your problems. They only provide free pop3 account and it listens port 111, so while configuring your email client do not miss this detail.

Campustream 6 Mb
Pop3 =pop.compustream.net
Smtp-smtp.compustream.net

They offer free pop3 email and free smtp service with web-based secure access (SSL 128 bit encryption) and anti-virus protection for your emails. If you haven't access your e-mail account for more than three months, your account gets deleted and you will need to re-register for free email account again. According to one of the user of this site, they do offer excellent free technical support.

Cwazy
Forward yes
10 Mb
They offer free 10Mb pop3 email accounts accessible both via webmail and popular email clients such as Microsoft Outlook. Their service is online since September 2001. SMTP is not offered.

EmailAcc
Pop3 -pop3.emailacc.com
Smtp - smtp.emailacc.com
Forward - yes

A free email service that offers free pop3, webbased and redirection email account at once! They offer you to send your emails without any promotional text. Thay have a bilingual site both in English and French and they are one of the cheapest ISP in UK and France but email service is free for everyone.

FastMail
Pop3 -fastmail.fm
10Mb

One of the most popular free imap service provider. They offer free 10Mb mailbox for every user with 40Mb badwith limit per month. They offer multiple domain options, antivirus and spam protection for your new email identity. Your account would be closed after 45 days of inactivity! You can collect your mail messages from other pop accounts and hotmail account as well.

FireMail
Pop3 = pop.firemail.de 15 Mb

This service is from Germany and site is in German.

FlashMail
Pop3- mail.flashmail.com
3 Mb

You can use its free pop3 account. Web interface is not so pretty:)

FreeMail
Pop3 - freemail.com.mk

This free pop3 email service is from Macedonia and site is in Macedonian.

Gawab
Pop3 -pop3.gawab.com
Smtp -smtp.gawab.com

15Mb

They offer free email server services for webmasters also. So if you have your own domain name you can even set up a free email service under your own domain name. But this time the email quote for each users will be 4 Mb/mailbox instead of 15Mb! Anyway, it is a good deal for free! Multilingual service mainly offers English and Arabic mailboxes but Albanian, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish are also supported.

HotPop
Pop3 -hotpop.com
Smtp -hotpop.com
Forward - yes
1.5 Mb

Free POP3 accessible email, sending mail with SMTP access, forwarding mail with advanced features! You can forward your mail to up to three addresses, and they are currently developing software to allow filtering and routing of your messages.

HotPost
Pop3 -hotpost.co.uk
Smtp -hotpost.co.uk
30 Mb
Boosts a lot of features and is another one based on the MDaemon WorldClient system and the interface is totally ad free and the account size is around 30mb. There is an address book and a whole lot more as well as being imap compatible. One thing to note is that although the service is pop accessible, for each domain which they offer you have to use a different login page and servers for pop and SMTP. All SMTP servers require server authentication although the login details are pretty simple as they are the first part of your email address. If you have a ghostsearchers.com, heyshop.co.uk or ghostmailbox.com account, change the settings accordingly.

MadInter
Pop3 madinter.net
Smtp madinter.net
10 Mb
They offer free pop3 and smtp email account. For their free SMTP service server authentication is required.

Mail
Pop3 pop.mail.ru
Smtp smtp.mail.ru
10 Mb
They offer free pop3 email and free smtp service. Site is in Russian. They have multi- choice domains to choose your new identity. For their free smtp service, SMTP authentication is required.

Mail15
Pop3 pop3.mail15.com
Smtp smtp.mail15.com
15 Mb
They offer free pop3 email and free smtp service (smtp authenticaiton required). The service can also be run in either English or Russian and is apparently powered by mail.ru but this does not seem to be the case by the looks of the interface which seems to be totally individual and very well laid out. You can not send html emails at present, but it seems that you can read them.

Mighty
Pop3 pop.anazi.co.za
10 Mb

Their service allows you to create a free pop3 and/or webbased email account that reflects your personality! They offer more than 200 domain names to choose from.

MyECom
Pop3 mail.myecom.net
Smtp mail.myecom.net
5 Mb

This site is a free money opportunity directory that lists "get paid to do something" companies like get paid to read, get paid to chat, etc. They also offers free pop/smtp email accout to their users.

MyRealBox
Pop3 pop.myrealbox.com
Smtp smtp.myrealbox.com
10 Mb

Nice interface, short questionaries to sign up, rich features. They also provides IMAP service as an alternative to pop3 at imap.myrealbox.com .Check it out!

Phatcom

They offer free pop3 email, imap email and/or free webmail service to users worldwide.

RockMail
Pop3 rockmail.exodus.ro
30 Mb

Free webbased and pop3 email service from Romania with multi-domain alternatives. Site's interface is perepared completely in English. They do not offer any smtp service.

SpicyJJ
Pop3 mail.valuehosting.co.uk
5 Mb
It is a web based and ad free but you can use pop if you make note of mail.valuehosting.co.uk which is also where the interface is based and all accounts do require full address login and a login page along with information about setting up the accounts can be found at their site. A word of warning though, you do have to email someone and the account is set up manually so the account will not be available immediately the basic account size is 5mb but premium account size upgrades are available which prices are available on request.

SoftHome
Pop3 mail.softhome.net
Smtp mail.softhome.net
30 Mb
It offers both web and POP-based email services. One of the oldest free pop3 email provider on the net.

UK2
Pop3 mail.uk.net
10 Mb
Free webbased and pop3 email service from UK.

UserBeam
Pop3 pop.userbeam.de
Smtp mtp.userbeam.de
Forward yes
10Mb

They offer free email service with multi-domain choice. Site is fully German and they offer both free email and url forward/redirection service if desired. Their webmail system seems to be odd according to some user complaints!

If you want the links to these sites I can provide you.

super_ferrari

Broken In
I use rediffmail and myrealbox no adds at all ....i am satisfied with both...bonzi dat was a huge list...do u have accounts on all of dem :lol:

anusoni

Broken In
Ihave been using the following accounts for a while now and here are my expereiences

yahoo: the oldeest i have, was fun when it had pop, now its not all that great but considering they have 250 MB space now, i can give 'em some credit, not to mention has import/export capabilities in its address book,

hotmail: opened it at the same time i opened yahoo, basically hate it, only used for messenger, NO import capability in address book and worst of all, its integration wid outlook/express is BAD. Plus site takes a while to load on dialups !

myrealbox : opened this shortly after opening the above accounts, mainly because that time, it had he most space 10 MB and was the only pop mail service, has been my primary account till now, will switch to gmail as my primary now. Main drawback of myrealbox : server downtime is very irritating and quite frequent, also u cant have many users in your "To" list, there is a limit of users u can forward your mail to, so u have to send it in breaks ! Also used this like a helluva lot and sometimes wrongly so receive an amazing amount of junk...will still keep this account for online entry !

gmail : seems excellent till now, also has pop so will be making this my primary account ...if it works out fine for a while !

Rediffmail: i think the interface sucks big time...opened it some weeks back but never used it more than twice !

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
GNUrag said:
Myrealbox.com closed registration long back.
i still have the myrealbox mailbox, even now, though i dont use it much, it has a wonderful interface and fast too.

cyberia.in

In the zone
Yahoo Mail BETA is the BEST !!!

It even beats proper software like outlook. But Windows live has a good start, especially the 3 pane interface.

Biplav

In the zone
i think rediff has improved a lot.
i dont use it now-a -days but man those drag drop features and all are fabulous.
i still got to stick with yahoo.
the oldest id i ever had so cant change basically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom