Free Digital Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailgautam

Youngling
ok now let me understand you put a question and answer the same??
But as far as my understanding these would not be legally recognized in India. In India Digital Signatures issued by CA (Certifying Authority) who are authorised by the CCA (Controler of Certifying Authorties); only are allowed to issue digital signatures. TCS/Sify are few of the ppl issuing digital signatures. It will cost something like Rs. 2700 odd, for a digital signature.

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
hailgautam said:
But as far as my understanding these would not be legally recognized in India. In India Digital Signatures issued by CA (Certifying Authority) who are authorised by the CCA (Controler of Certifying Authorties); only are allowed to issue digital signatures. TCS/Sify are few of the ppl issuing digital signatures. It will cost something like Rs. 2700 odd, for a digital signature.

Perfect answer!! +1 rep for you from me :)

A Digital Signature is just a combo of a public key and a private key. You can freely use PGP or GNUpg for that! But they are not recognised for serious transactions, at least in India.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
TCS is offering huge discounts for signatures purchased frm dem. Special concession is also available for CA's (Chartered Accountants).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom