Free Airtel GPRS <The Quest Continues>

Status
Not open for further replies.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Here is another thread regarding how to use free airtel live settings to access both web and wap sites?

Im from UP west (Meerut), i called the CC to activate the airtel live. Though i havnt recieved any settings or confirmation sms etc. that the airtel live is activated(as told by the CC person), but the airtel live is opening fine, so i suppose that it is activated.

Now i have tried everything to access free wap/web sites on my Mobile(including the one to make two profiles blah blah), but havnt succeeded yet. I tried every method given in this forum, but no luck...

So anybody have any ideas etc. for what could have been the glitch? Or anybody from my circle using airtel live for accessing sites on mobile for free? Any tips etc.?
Waiting for replies...

Thanx!

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Boy,get urself an airtel lifetime prepaid connection.then u have to pay just 1000rupees once.Gprs is free for lifetime then.On pc too.I'm not joking.But i don'T know if its available in ur state.I'm from punjab.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
I can only say that this method works, n works superbly. I have tried in all of noth east n central circles with the same setting.
Jus double check ur method n it shud work fine, u r doing it right

outlaw

De@d
"2 profile live streaming" method used to work but not anymore..atleast in kerala...they patched it some 2 months back

Anindya

In the zone
Now this may be a silly question. But I want to know what is the difference between Airtel Live and Airtel Mobile Office? Can anyone explain?

K

krazyfrog

Airtel live is a free service but can only be used to access Airtel homepage and a few other paid sites like Yahoo! Indiatimes, etc. Mobile Office is a service which charges you on a daily basis (rates depend upon region, Rs. 7 in mumbai) and lets you access any site through your phone as well as your pc by connecting your cell to pc and using as a modem.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Dunno about Kerala, but suddenly that 2 APN trick has started working Great here!!! And i can access web/wap sites for free on my mobile!
Though i havnt succeeded in accessing net on PC!

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
nope , buddy airtel hasn't patched up newhere . try doing it again .
if u have old settings try removing the username & pswd .

@nish_higher --> What GPRS(Mobile Office ) free with lifetime prepaid in punjab !!!! Is it true ?

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah its wokrking everywhere.
BTW can anyone help me to access net on PC??
When i dial the number *99***1# after connecting my phone, it says verifying username and password, then it says registering on the network, then suddenly gives this error."Error 734:The PPP link control protocol was terminated.".
Any ideas?? (my phone's modem drivers are installed)

magnet

Youngling
the trick u ppl using isfor gprs for mobile i guess......or that u ppl using mobile office free of cost?????

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
the trick u ppl using isfor gprs for mobile i guess......or that u ppl using mobile office free of cost?????
We are using airtel live to access web/wap sites on mobile for free...

BTW can anyone help me to access net on PC??
When i dial the number *99***1# after connecting my phone, it says verifying username and password, then it says registering on the network, then suddenly gives this error."Error 734:The PPP link control protocol was terminated.".
Any ideas?? (my phone's modem drivers are installed)
Can anyone help me to access net on PC??

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Hi. I have been using Airtel GPRS for six months now. I'm from Kolkata. I used to surf net via the Rs.99/month scheme. i also tried to surf the net using Airtel Live. But it didn't work for me or none of my friends. And recently Airtel is blocking IP addresses. Earlier client IP address showed 0.0.0.0 but they are assigning some IP address automatically. ANd it is a dynamic IP address. This means every time you log in the IP address will change. And they are blocking it. So there is no solution at present. If we dig up something I'll let you know. And same is also applicable to you also.

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi. I have been using Airtel GPRS for six months now. I'm from Kolkata. I used to surf net via the Rs.99/month scheme. i also tried to surf the net using Airtel Live. But it didn't work for me or none of my friends. And recently Airtel is blocking IP addresses. Earlier client IP address showed 0.0.0.0 but they are assigning some IP address automatically. ANd it is a dynamic IP address. This means every time you log in the IP address will change. And they are blocking it. So there is no solution at present. If we dig up something I'll let you know. And same is also applicable to you also.
Thanks tell me if you know some way...
BTW anyone else having any ideas?? Is net on PC wrking for u ppl thru airtel live?

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Yeah rey it works n works fine here in delhi.
In ur IE properties go to Bluetooth DUN modem under connection n set the proxy as 100.1.200.99 n port as 8080 also in DUN modem intialization add this line AT+CGDCONT=,"IP","airtelfun.com" <cr>
These r the most basic settings that generally go wrong.
Revert back with feedback

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey ashu thanks for the settings, can u also tell me what i have to do in the phone?? Any changes in the phone etc.? I have 7610.
Thanx

OP
R

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Well finally i can connect thru airtel connection, but the problem is that no site is opening! I have enabled proxy in the browser, but it aint loading any pages... Can anyone help...??
thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom