Format 400GB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

anni

Broken In
Hi,
I am not able to format 400GB seagate HDD with fat32. In this forum i saw that every one suggest partion magic 8.0. I also download, but it is a demo version . It only demonstrates . nothing did actually. (powerquest partition magic 8.0 size ~22 MB)
I installed win xp SP2 successfully. and from here when i right click- format , or disk management then only ntfs option available, fat32 not there.
Please suggest any freewere utility which format 400GB seagate HDD with FAT32 partions (my all partitions having <80 Gb and as per info from Micro soft website fat32 support up to 2TB HDD ) .
Anni

din

Tribal Boy
Get Gparted Live CD. That is free, opensource and will do the work.

Get it from - *gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Credits : All credits goes to the senior member Nucleuskore who posted details in this forum many times.

OP
A

anni

Broken In
Is is possible to install window 2000 server SP4 on 400GB seagate HDD. I tried but it won't recognize my partions. It shows some unpartion space ~130 GB. I already install win xp SP2 proff. and from here i created all partion and format as NFTS. Now from dos, using window 200 server including service pack 4 boot disk, i am tring to install it but when setup start and it was suppose to show the partitons of disk, it shows c drive -> unformated, and free space 130 gb like that.

anni.

Why fat32 when u can NTFS?
it is far more stable and can help in encryption of files.
Unless of course you want Windows 98 :D
Also, you cant for,mat more than 32GB of data in FAT32
Thus, NTFS is recommended :cool:

OP
A

anni

Broken In
That's ok, I already format with NTFS. I want to know anybody install window 2000 server on 400 GB disk or not as it doesn't shows my full disk/ partitions created by disk management window xp service pack 2.
I want to know is window 2000 server sp4 support 400 gb disk? any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom