Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by ajay1287, Jan 8, 2007.
guys i forgot my password
i donot want to install new xp
How do I know you're not breaking someone's system? Besides I don't think its legal to ask or answer this question.
U R Right
but i m really worried
my very imp papers are in c drive and it has actually occured
Well if you reinstall windows without formatting the password will get reset and you won't lose your precious data. You will have to repatch the system and some programs will malfunction.
Another way is mentioned here, although I never tried it so far myself, looks interesting
Works for NT, 2000, XP
Follow these steps to reset ur XP password.
1. Place your Windows XP CD & boot ur system with it.
2. During installation u will b asked to repair ur previous XP installation. Press R to begin the Repair process.
3. System will b rebooted & when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. A command console will now open up.
4. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Now u will have graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel. Simply change ur account password. Exit & complete the repair process.
Thanks to all above. Isn't there any way we can "bookmark" such messages?
recover lost Windows XP passwords !
go to following link
follow these simple steps:
1) just press F8 while restarting ur system
2) go to safe mode
3) log in as an adminastrator go to control panel change password of ur account and restart u r system
It's an open source password recovery utility for Windows NT. Just download the iso from the site (link mentioned above) and burn it to a CD (you could use a friend's computer for that), boot using the CD, and then you can reset your password from there. Before doing anything, read the instructions on the site.
Warning: This utility is for personal use. Do not try to use this for anything that it was not intended for. If you get caught using this thing for illegal purposes, I take no responsibility .
or install ur xp in some other drive and restore ur c drive imp files and then reinstall xp in C drive.. he he thats long i know but previously i used to do like this..
Separate names with a comma.