Forceware Driver Discussion (Latest = 71.89 WHQL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

This thread is made for the dicsuion, feature & compatibility talk in this forum for all the NVIDIA users.

If U R having some probs with a game or app with your NVIDIA gfx card & drivers then post it here
-------------------------------------------------

NVIDIA has launched new Drivers 71.89 WHQL, I myself tested them & really speaking, the image quality in Doom3 & Warrior within is up, & frame rate in Chaos theory demo are also up, a lot of fixes & support for Geforce 6 series cards, so a must download

*downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1038

download the 4th link as it is only 10 MB, cos it is compressed even more, good for dial up users

Those looking for more beta drivers should check out Guru3d.com Forceware Drivers section, remember, I only recomend those drivers which support your card without any inf modification, be it WHQL or not

The WHQL logo is just a logo to certify that this Driver works flawlessly with Windows Plateform, the kernal, etc, WHQL certification is not for gaming but for the drivers & the OS, that these driver have no problems or bugs with Windows

sav_more

Journeyman
hi there!
check out the omega drivers @omegadrivers.net
i think they are the best tweaked drivers out there.
try playing criket04(or any game) on orignal nvidia drivers & then try it
on omega.u will know the difference.
peace :)

OP
G

gxsaurav

Not only cricket204, Omega drivers are better even in other games, the thing is that they are rather old, like I m using the 66.77 WHQL, while the Omega are still based on 61.77, which is good for Doom3 or openGL games but the 66 series & 65 series provide a lot of boost in DirectX 9 games, my 3DMark 2k3 score went from 4108 to 4654 with the 66.77

sav_more

Journeyman
hi!
i am using a shitty GF4 440 mx 128mb.
i dont suppose it supports dx8 so dx9 is out of question.
so if i install the 66.77 drivers instead of omega 61.77 will it make any difference.or should i stik to the omega.
thanks

!!!peace!!!

OP
G

gxsaurav

Basically even if your card doesn't support the new features U should go for the new drivers as they fix bigs which are also more important

The 66.77 has given me the best 2D Quality in Windows & Videos ever,

ice

In the zone
Have they finally fixed the issue with multimedia keyboards? [they play/pause etc buttons cause a dll to malfunction or something, happens to me all the time] Actually started after i installed 61.77

Gx, ur using the guru3d drivers?
Btw what card gx?

Regarding Omegadrivers, they somehow lowered my fps in Cs1.6 where i used to get 100fps on 61.77, i started gettin 30-60fps..
I wouldnt recommend omega drivers.

I have an MSI FX 5200. Whenever I run dxdiag and in the display tab it sows this:
The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
ice said:
Have they finally fixed the issue with multimedia keyboards? [they play/pause etc buttons cause a dll to malfunction or something, happens to me all the time] Actually started after i installed 61.77

Btw what card gx?

Regarding Omegadrivers, they somehow lowered my fps in Cs1.6 where i used to get 100fps on 61.77, i started gettin 30-60fps..

Omegas dont work too good for the Geforce........they rock for Ati though, y dont u try starstorm drivers for Geforces.

ice

In the zone
Sandstorm drivers.
Hhmm,

actually ive got fairly tired of installing tweaked drivers, then finding a performance drop or some incompatibility , having to uninstall, load old drivers , reboot, disable vsync and some other shit, reboot disable the nvidia manager and then check again!

Lets see, since holidsays are on, maybe i'll try them :D

ice

In the zone
blade_runner said:
ice said:

Btw what card gx?

Omegas dont work too good for the Geforce........they rock for Ati though, y dont u try starstorm drivers for Geforces.

Blade, since uve got an ATI, u must not be facing that blue fog bug in ur far cry?

Haris

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I have RIVA TNT 2 M64 and with that I m using 61.77 driver. During start-up while booting it shows 32MB but in windows it shows 16MB.
Can n e 1 help

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
ice said:
blade_runner said:
ice said:

Btw what card gx?

Blade, since uve got an ATI, u must not be facing that blue fog bug in ur far cry?

Nuthin so far, have been running on the Omegas.

OP
G

gxsaurav

The new Official Forceware 66.93 drivers in WHQL format are out by NVIDIA

Since these drivers came just a few days before Half Life 2 & NFS U 2 release, U can be sure that at default settings these drivers are heavily optimised for these games based on DirectX, just like Doom3 ran best on 61.77 which came just a few days before the release of Doom3 in August

Although the drivers updates are slow, but they are less buggy compared to other vendors, even now the 61.77 holds up against even the new Game lime Medal Of honar Pacific Assualt, so it's like, good to test & use the beta WHQL which supports your card nativilly, but the officials are just officials, nothing beats them

They are WHQL certified for all the GeForce Cards, & also support SM3.0 like 61.77

U can download the official drivers which are 17 MB in their English format from here

Or U can downlaod the same driver, but in highly recompressed format fromGuru3d.com 10.44 MB

To reduce confusion Both the drivers from the official webpage & Guru3D are same, it's just that to save space, the Guru3d drivers are further compressed with 7z to reduse File size, nothing else is different, they both are same after extracted,evn the NVIDIA official drivers are first decompressed & then installed

Since these drivers include a Setup.exe, so it is recomended that U uninstall the old drivers from control panel & then install using the setup.exe, which is the recomended NVIDIA Way, be sure to use Driver cleaner though

Performance wise they are about same if U have the 66.77 WHQL or even 65.73 WHQL, but more bugs are fixed, there is a significant noticable boost in SM2.0 mode for the FX cards, as the drivers are highly optimised for these cards

For linux users, then Linux drivers are also updated to 66.29, download the apropriate package from here

OP
G

gxsaurav

go to

*www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html

for driver cleaner 3.3

Just install driver cleaner then, uninstall the drivers from Control panel, now reboot in safe mode & slect to uninstall all the useless drivers, like ATI, 3DFX, S3, SIS etc, if U donb't have them & NVIDIA, now a few files & registry files will be removed, reboot again

now when U have opened normal windows, install the drivers, by setup.exe

OP
G

gxsaurav

After 4 months, NVIDIA has released official new drivers, Forceware 71.84, it supports all the GeForce cards & WHQL for all of them

These are not too different from the 71.84 beta released a few days back, but since they are WHQL it's good to have them, insted of beta

*www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.84.html

English Version file is 17.9 MB, U can also wait for a few says for guru3d.com to host these drivers, as they just compress the official drivers with 7-Zip which lowers the file size by 1 or 2 MB, except for that it's is the same as official

Major-Minor

Broken In
Hmm.. I use the 71.90's betas and they are awesome, all games work very well, might try the 71.84 ones if they are better. Had a bit of a stuttering issue with the 66.31, so I tried the 71.90's, they are good. (BTW I have a 6600GT AGP)

OP
G

gxsaurav

bumping to top as nvidia has released new 71.89 WHQL driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom