folder password

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyCo

In the zone
is there any way by default to set passwords to a specific folder in WIN-XP ??

i kno abt folder passw softwares and all and i got some .. but i wanna kno by default can we set the passw ... [and i kno abt multiple users and setting diff profiles 2 so pls dont reply on that context ....]

D

dinesh_singh

i dont think so that by default u can set passwort to folders in xp...but you can always hide it.
you can set the password in xp.

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
saroman .. cd u tell me howto in 98 just for knowledges sake ..

and godsownman cd u tell me howto for both the things u said ??

and to the rest .. i already said that i kno abt all those softwares ..

saROMan

QA Juggler
hmm i will have to go thru my Database to find it..but telll u what i rem now.......when ur in the folder right click -> click on customize folder->html templet ..open it...and u will see a page full of codes....goto now here on i dont remember the code to put in there....so lemme come back to u with details soon

mr_356

Broken In
CyCo said:
is there any way by default to set passwords to a specific folder in WIN-XP ??

i kno abt folder passw softwares and all and i got some .. but i wanna kno by default can we set the passw ... [and i kno abt multiple users and setting diff profiles 2 so pls dont reply on that context ....]

...With "POWER ARCHIEVER" U can encrypt the folder and set password.

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
hey saroman .. i didnt understand wat ur sayin ..
the method u gave me is fr 98 ?? coz in xp i cant

but when u right clik-properties-advanced-encrypt and then click ok-ok .. its takes some time to encrypt and then the text on the folder [the name] turns green .. wat does that do any idea ??

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
When th folder gets encrypted, only th owner of that folder (i.e. th user who encrypted it) can access it. But if that user is deleted, that folder and all th data in it is lost forever... That's an altogether diff story ;) So, u could encrypt some of ur data, and password-protect ur account so that no one gets access to ur data. If others want to use ur machine, u can create separate accounts for them, but they won't be able to access th folders that were encrypted by you (and vice-versa).

crashuniverse

In the zone
i ahve something to add. u can use encryption but it takes time when u have lots of files. suppose u want a folder to be encrypted, it not only encrypts the folder, but encrypts all the containin files, which is a time consuming process.
as far as security is concerned it can be simply achieved by hiding the folders.

krishnansurya

Broken In
Use Magic Folder or Cryptainer LE to protect u r folders or files
i suggest using Cryptainer LE get it Here
but the best method which i use is locking the folder with biometric systems using my usb drive! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom