Folder opens to somthing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

swap_too_fast

Broken In
Today i was trying to change the icons for folders, i have donr iit but when i was doing it accidently some options was clicked by me, and because of this when i trying to open my folder by double clicking it , it adds all files in the folder in the playlist of winamp, every time this happen. BUT i can open folder only by right clicking on folder and by choosing 'open' from pop up menu., when i check opetions i found that there is 4 options in the folder options, from those third option is file types i choos file folder and then choose advanced button at bottom , this gives new window in which no. of actions are given, i know , in this actions enquaque in winamp is fixed to do that when i am trying to open folder. all the options are freezed. plz tell me that how can i change settings to normal. give stepwise procedure fo r convenience. thanks in advance.

bhansalibg

Right off the assembly line
You must try the same procedure you did to change icon. I guess that you might have tried to change the icon using a wrong way. you might have used folder options-> file types, which is used to define which extension is associated with which program and how to open certain file types. Open folder options once again, click on file types, scroll to file type "folder" and then try defining new actions or modifying if they already exists. Required actions are "explore" and "open"

hey man i faced SAME prob last night!!

see i think this is PURE windows fault AND not YOURS (or mine yesterday!)
First open FOLDER OPTIONS & open FILE TYPES
now click on the SECOND ENTYRY named file folder and click on
advanced and press NEW. Type IHATEBILLGATES and type C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE in next.

Now press OK and Set this action default by selecting IHATEBILLGATES and clicking and pressing Set Default.
Open registry (regedit) and open HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder
and now click on SHELL and right click on IHATEBILLGATES delete it.

close registry and its solved!!
or
just find regedit.exe
open it
press CTRL F3
type IHATEBILLGATES
tick all options there
and press
enter
and delete the small folder on RHS with IHATEBILLGATES written!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom