folder name not displaying in C drive of windows sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snehangshu

Broken In
on reinstalling windows sp2, all the c drive folders are showing but without any name....in the explorer bar ,the name is coming.

is there any other other than completely formatting the system and reinstalling the system once again?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Are you using "Thumbnails" view? Open C: drive, Press and hold SHIFT key, right-click in empty area and select “View -> Thumbnails“. It’ll toggle the file/folder names.

Actually its a feature to show/hide file names while in Thumbnails mode.

OP
S

snehangshu

Broken In
no ....i'm not using thumbnail view....
all the other drives are ok...

the image of the drive is attached below..

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
I think there is desktop.ini in your C drive, check it out, open C drive>Tools>Folder Options>View tab> Tick the-Show hidden files & folders and Untick the-Show system files and folders, now all the hidden files should come on C drive, check if some file naming desktop.ini is present, if yes then delete it and then refresh the C drive and see if it works ???

Most Wanted

In a New flavour
on reinstalling windows sp2, all the c drive folders are showing but without any name....in the explorer bar ,the name is coming.

is there any other other than completely formatting the system and reinstalling the system once again?

Let me listen seriously.
it is the caution for you by windows that "PROFIT IS GOING TO LOSS".
not need to uninstall or format.
take your xp cd and choose upgrade option.
it may take time but sure restore those missing reg keys as well as other problems

OP
S

snehangshu

Broken In
thnx..
on deleting desktop.ini the problem is solved.

do i need to format/uninstall for"profile is going to loss"?

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
^^Heeheeee , your welcome !!!
do i need to format/uninstall for"profile is going to loss"?

NO NO NO, this is not true ! your profile is not going to loss, belive me just continue as you are working....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom