FM signal weak and distorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

earleb

Right off the assembly line
Dear Sir or Madam,

Please advise what I should consider do to improve the (weak) quality of my FM receiver reception, and to connect with more (local) stations?

My media entertainment centre is located in my basement, some six feet below ground level.
  1. Static from my Samsung Digital Surround AV Receiver System Model HT-AS600 is a problem.
  2. There are several FM stations in our immediate band area. I am not able to connect into at least one. (98.5 FM)
FM Antenna Connection:
An FM antenna was supplied and connected to the FM 75 Ohm Coaxial terminal of my Samsung HD TV

AM Antenna Connection:
The AM loop antenna supplied is connected to the AM terminals.

I also have a CD player connected here.

Your advise will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

earleb
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
try googling, this site's pretty good as well *www.rfzone.org/free-rf-ebooks/ have you tried to run a wire out the window and a little up the out side of the house. It's hard to say but definatly you want to get in outside and not 6' under behind concreate.
Oh by the way nice to see another Canadian on here, EH!

OP
E

earleb

Right off the assembly line
Hi Liggy,
Thank you for your reply.
I've been out of town and just returned. Hope all is well with you, eh?
I haven't tried your suggestion but it sounds like a most reasonable solution to my problem.
I solved it by disconnecting my (short - three foot) antenna and replacing it with a speaker wire, extending it through a cable connector box and through it into my (unfinished) laundry room. I ran it to the highest point in the ceiling and voila, a perfect FM connection to my local station plus connections to many others.
How about that eh?

Where are you situated Liggy?
Have you ever passed through our heavenly (border) gates into our beloved Canada?

Hope we can share an e-mail or two...

Best regards and thanks again.

earleb:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom