flv to avi converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
any normal video transcoding and transmuxing suite would work well.
you could use common stuff like MeGUI, MediaCoder, MEncoder, FFMPEG, SUPER, VLC, etc.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Freeware: Super Converter
Online Free Convertion: *www.videoconverterdownload.com/online-free-flv-converter.html

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
most online converters are BS and are just bandwidth wastes.

They are not bad. It comes in handy sometimes. I have trouble installing Super Converter because Spysweeper thinks it has some malware. I do it online. I really don't worry about bandwidth. I have a 15Mbps unlimited connection! :p

They are not bad. It comes in handy sometimes. I have trouble installing Super Converter because Spysweeper thinks it has some malware. I do it online. I really don't worry about bandwidth. I have a 15Mbps unlimited connection! :p
Well, then either your spysweeper is stupid or super is crapped out.

15mbps unlimited ? Speed will still suck. You need to upload, wait for the server to transcode then download. Besides, you have NO control over the video quality.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Well, then either your spysweeper is stupid or super is crapped out.

15mbps unlimited ? Speed will still suck. You need to upload, wait for the server to transcode then download. Besides, you have NO control over the video quality.

My reply is specific to this thread. People commonly view FLV format in You tube and they wish to rip them to avi and save them to PC. The link does exactly the same. I tried it many times.There is no need to upload. Just give the You tube link and it rips off for you. All you need to do is download the ripped video. I also didn't see noticeable loss in quality.

My reply is specific to this thread. People commonly view FLV format in You tube and they wish to rip them to avi and save them to PC. The link does exactly the same. I tried it many times.There is no need to upload. Just give the You tube link and it rips off for you. All you need to do is download the ripped video. I also didn't see noticeable loss in quality.
Its not about noticable loss in quality. Its about absolute quality.
In VLC for instance, I can call the FFMPEG PostProcessing filter and apply it at level 6 twice before piping it back to FFMPEG for transcoding. This would give me a dramatically better quality.

And as for YouTube, you should try KeepVid. It gives download link of the higher quality MP4 version of each video in youtube, which is otherwise hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom