FLUCTUATING BUFFER WHILE WRITING

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
for the past one week everytime i burn a CD or a DVD (using NERO) the buffer of my DVD writer fluctuates.....like it goes upto 100%....then falls to 65% then furthur to 18%....and then goes upto 100% again....i am using an HP Pavilion t560i and the DVD Writer (8X DVD Write, 24X CD write) came along with it....iam using Moser Baer CDs and DVDs of proper speeds....i tried writing at lower speeds also but the same thing takes place.....why is this happening??

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud ur talkin about the Main Buffer ie the one you see Above the Total Completed Process Bar or the Small Process Bar below it ??? any ways in both cases..Nero Stores the Files to burn in Primary buffer and then to secondary Buffer to Prevent Buffer underrun Errors...so when a certain amt of data is written the buffer bkomes empty and new data is been filled up..so dont worry about it....BUT if r unable to write DVD's....then chk if there are any other process running which Hog your memory or not....

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
@saroman iam talking about the Buffer Capacity bar BELOW the Total Completed Process bar....I am able to write DVDs properly but the process which used to take 8-9 min now takes more than 30 min.....isnt there any way i can cure this??

expertno.1

Technomancer
how old is ur writer coz i am aslo facing the same preoblem bcoz of my 2 years old writer

in nero to clone cd my buffer fluctuates

u try clone cd and see if there is any fault in the drive

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
expertno.1 said:
how old is ur writer coz i am aslo facing the same preoblem bcoz of my 2 years old writer

in nero to clone cd my buffer fluctuates

u try clone cd and see if there is any fault in the drive

as a matter of fact i got my replaced with a new from (from HP customer support) 'cause the earlier one wasnt reading any empty DVDs (which wasnt the case actually as i was using DVD -R and my writer only supported DVD+R!!!!).....the new one was working well but after writing 3 DVDs this problem started....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom