Flashget problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

I was downloading Adobe acrobat professional (from adobe.com ofcourse), after the download was completed 41%, it just stopped downloading it. It started showing the files with a X.
I tried starting it again and again but the stats show:
File size already changed
Error occured!

Please note that I just paused the download for appx 10 mins. and hencefoth the problem.
The file still resides and has a ".exe.jc" extension. Is there any way I can recover it from the point I lost it (i.e. 41%)

PS: Is massdownloader free? (esp @ prof)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can try 2 things, But I'm not sure whether it'll work or not!

1.) Tools -> Options, in General tab, uncheck the option Get File Date & Time from Server.
2.) Again open the adobe site and copy the URL of the download, and then open Flashget and right-click on the download entry and select Properties and change the existing URL with the new one.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@i_kill, looks like Adobe website changed the file with a newer one & also the file size
changed!! I have downloaded CD & DVDS using FlashGet. I never faced this problem.
You delete the file '.exe.jc' & start a fresh download again. It's better that you
schedule it to download at night.

SathyaB

Right off the assembly line
.wysiwyg { BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; FONT: 10pt "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } Hi Everyone,

I had a similar problem for flashget downloader while downloading MS office 2007 trial version, I have gone through the steps mentioned by Vishal. I have applied both the points at the same time. First I did the below
1.) Tools -> Options, in General tab, uncheck the option Get File Date & Time from Server.
and then
2) I have searched the same site from where i started the download. I have got the link stored as IE Favourites and then used the properties option to copy the link, now i have used the same link and changed the download entry with the new URL and resume. Facinatingly it started downloading.. Hope once the download gets completed.. it will run !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom