Flashget malware notice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_sood91

Broken In
I had downloaded Flashget and during installation, Avast showed that there was a malware and removed it. I could not believe it. Could it be due to corrupt Avast or due to some phishing??Help....

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
what i think is that ur copy is a corrupted one...
try to download it frm its official site rather than someplace else..
just googled it and found a lot of references of ppl having found malwares in flashget installations...

*ithelp.indstate.edu/virus/malware-apps.html
*www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Flashget_Download_Manager-8436.html

here is the link to remove flashget...
*www.scanspyware.net/info/FlashGet.htm

so to be on the safer side ,

try out this ....
*www.freedownloadmanager.org/

its a wonderfull alternative to flashget,nd i have been using it for a very long time... before this i was using DAP,u can try that also.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
dude the shareware version of flashget is ad-ware .. its a well known fact and it will get detected as cydoor by almost all good anti spyware products such as ms antispyware n spybot. dont use the shareware version.

guys plz correct me if i am wrong on this.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah guys... i too got adware from flashget but i downloaded it from the flashget website. i removed it using avast. but is free download manager better or flashget?

OP
gaurav_sood91

gaurav_sood91

Broken In
try to download it frm its official site rather than someplace else..
just googled it and found a lot of references of ppl having found malwares in flashget installations..

I downloaded it from its Official website. There are further problems. In spite of installing the Opera plug-in, it does not open with opera. It is next to useless on my pc.

C

cybermanas

Flashget is adware and is detected as malware by Avast!.Just remove the file which Avast! points to.I did just that and after that it is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom