Flashget 1.72 is now FREE! No Registration required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!

Flashget is now FREE!
The latest version is 1.72
U can d/l it from here.

Its automatically registered to the windows registered user after installing it.

One thing I noticed is that in the previous 1.72 version, they included firefox extension to use flashget in firefox, but they hv removed it in this new free version.

But i took a backup of that extension, if u guys want that extension also, d/l it from here.:)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
What about those irritating ads? Have they removed it? But I think there is FlashGot
extension in FireFox, that can start any download manager including FlashGet if you
are downloading any file. Thanks for that info.

Last.2.Know

Right off the assembly line
I've used FlashGet for many years, and, whilst it is a little clunky, it suits my needs.

However, I've just installed it on my new PC, and everything is fine except one thing: if I double-click on a file in the Downloaded window, it gives the error
"No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."

This is for .MPG, .AVI and .WMV files which are all associated with BSPlayer in Windows XP.

If I change the file association to Window Media Player, then the double-click on the file in the FlashGet Downloaded window launches the file in WMP; change it back to BSPlayer and the error message returns.

I uninstalled Flashget 1.72 and went back to Flashget 1.71, but the problem persists.

The above file types are unchecked in WMP options, and checked in BSPlayer preferences.

Any help gratefully received.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ya it was realesed about week back but my avast showed it as adware so i deleted but strange its working all fine now

LegendKiller

In the zone
yes flashget realeased this version was released some time back and definetly not this month...
but,yes no more ads..

Biplav

In the zone
the latest version of flashget wit no registration wont allow u split a download to more than 10. well we all knw the more the split ,the faster it is albet at higher system resource cost. but then again my splittin used to be at 25 and now as it cant be more than 10; the speed does vary noticiably. i used to get speeds of avg 64KB and now its round 58-60KB

reddick

Mobile Freak
Good news bro.But tell me one thing that is it compatiable with Opera?I want to integrate 'Flashget' into Opera...Is it possible :confused:

PrinceHeart

In the zone
No adware in the present flashget 1.72. But yesterday I was trying to download mcafee sdat file and it hangs up saying illegal operation and it needs to be closed. I didn't know what happened, but it happened again few hours back. So i had to choice but to uninstall it.

btw reddick - that avatar of urs, i would really like to see it in real ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom