First Pirated HD DVD Movie Hits BitTorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Pirates decided that the copy protection scheme for HD DVD was worth a shot. The result? The movie is entitled Serenity and was made available as a .EVO file which is playable on most DVD playback software packages. The file was encoded in MPEG-4 VC-1 resulting in 19.6 GB worth of hard disk space. The first full-resolution rip of an HD DVD movie on BitTorrent. Who knows, maybe this is yet another factor in the HD war.

Source : *arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070115-8622.html
*www.neowin.net/

amitava82

MMO Addict
downloading pirated stuffs will be a issue when size gets increased. imagine you are downloading a 20GB torrent @ so called broadband speed... LoL

S

shashank_digitreader

I luv but hate torrents b'coze of those spyware.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Yeah, I too think downloading an HD DVD movie isn't commercially viable due to the bandwidth bottlenecks.

i could tell my cousin in US to download
he gets speeds of more than 1mbps wen he downloads
he has external harddisk seagate 300gb
wen he comes i will get the movies but he didnt tell me which one
he told he downloaded many movies hd quality
wats the price of hd dvd or blu ray drive and a blank hd dvd and blurayt disk??
do u ppl get music hd channel in india??

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@shadow slayer

HD DVD Player (for TV) & Drives for computer are hardly available right now

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Neither I have the hard drive nor the broadband required to download HD quality movies. Indians won't find this interesting unless BSNL and MTNL gives 2Mbps on Unlimited plans as well. :p

Till then I am content with Xvid 1CD Movies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
whose gonna dwnld 20gb here in india .... by the time 1 movie is dwnldd the sequel will be released

nix

i think downloading pirated stuff is dangerous in USA as they may catch you if they find you're downloading lotsa stuff....

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
techtronic said:
Pirates decided that the copy protection scheme for HD DVD was worth a shot.
There are no "pirates" Just a user of a torrent portal, used a software called backup hd dvd
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=119871

shadow slayer 2007 said:
1>i could tell my cousin in US to download
he gets speeds of more than 1mbps wen he downloads....he told he downloaded many movies hd quality
wats the price of hd dvd or blu ray drive and a blank hd dvd and blurayt disk??

2>he can play it with jetaudio
3>do u ppl get music hd channel in india??
1>He must've said 10mbps:confused:, HD Shows/Movies recorded via PVRs uploaded to the net, If u want one just search "hdtv torrent", BD/HDDVD drives costs 20k+

2>Sir, please explain how hd vids can be played with Jetaudio???:mad::confused::mad:
3>MHD is available only in US.

<<some intresting quotes>>
It has come to the attention of the staff that with the successful decryption of AACS, the internet has been abuzz about this breakthrough in being able to backup your copyrighted HD DVD's. Add to that the fact that one of our users was able to decryt an HD DVD and upload it here, and people have even more to talk about...
Upon discussion in IRC we're thinking 1080p x264 with ac3 audio in mkv for HD-DVD Rips. Bitrate ~9Mbps so it will fit on a DVD-9. This would entail demuxing the .EVOs, transcoding (mostly) VC-1 to x264 and transcoding DD+/TrueHD to 448kbps 5.1 AC3.
BTW, it takes around 21hrs to download 20 GB on dataone @ 2mbps, if u get that speed from the source site

Last edited:

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
alok4best said:
Sometimes it takes days to leech a 700MB movie...what to talk about GBs..

i cannot see the point of the comment ..... my download speed is roughly 205 KBps averaged over 8hrs (0000 to 0800 hrs) so if i want i can leech it in 4days as avg data downloaded is 5 GB a day..... since many peoples donot jump on every torrent so if the quality is Great why Not INDIANS????

Peace
Raj

amitava82

MMO Addict
I seriously doubt how long BSNL will continue this night time free plan for 2mbps connection. definetly they will withdraw night time for 2 mbps or they will restrict it to 256kbps... so guys download as much as u can ;-)

goobimama

 Macboy
Currently Superman, Chronicles of riddick, pitch black, serenity, Batman begins, kiss kiss bang bang, miami vice, the Mummy are all available for download on some private trackers (can't mention the name, will get banned). All over 20Gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom