First iPhone line forms at the 5th Ave Apple Store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Blindly copy-pasted from apple-insider:
*www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/0..._line_forms_in_manhattan_four_days_early.html

Two individuals can now flaunt the crown of "the very first iPhone line waiters", having camped out Monday morning on a Midtown Manhattan sidewalk more than four days before the Apple device is due to go on sale.

At 5:00 a.m. on Monday, the two iPhone enthusiasts stationed themselves outside Apple's Fifth Avenue flagship shop in New York City's Manhattan borough, assuring their first and second places in line. Yes -- they plan to remain there till Friday evening and are seeking food and MetroCards as donations.

The two were first discovered by local blog site Vicarious Music , which spotted them Monday afternoon holding signs pronouncing their early arrival.

In a later interview with Gizmodo, the head of the line (known thus far only as Greg) explained that he was a single retiree, affording him all the time in the world to 'get his iPhone.' Greg's plan after buying iPhone? To "take a look at it" and "see how it works." His left-hand man remains unidentified.

Both campers are equipped for the remaining four days of the wait with soft seats, soft drinks, and coolers full of grub -- including, as the interview (below) reveals, at least one bright yellow banana.

*images.appleinsider.com/first-iphone-waiters-2.jpg

*images.appleinsider.com/first-iphone-waiters-1.jpg

Engadget link: *www.engadget.com/2007/06/26/first-iphone-camper-smelled-at-apples-5th-ave-store/

PS: Read the comments on Engadget...especially the one where they reason this to be the one "this is why the world thinks we Americans are idiots."

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Check this out :D

*cgi.ebay.com/Jacksonville-FL-Apple...ryZ64355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Don't take the day off work!!! I will stand in line for you!!! You can arrive at the store at 4P-5P and take my place in line. I have contacted the Apple Store at St. John's Town Center and they said the phone will be available for sale at 6P on Friday, June 29th. Simon Malls Management will not permit overnight camping out, but I will arrive at 9A (the store opens at 10A) and hold your place in line. If you "buy it now" or if bidding goes over $400, I will arrive at 7A.

Buy it Now - 500$. Thats 20000. Had it been India....you know what people can do for 20000 bucks :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
whr is arya plz some 1 from kokata make sure he doesnt run from home and doesnt join em .... :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I read this news on TUAW but I thought it wasn't important enough to post on this forum. Guess I was wrong. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom