Status
Not open for further replies.

qadirahmed

Journeyman
Hi to All......

can any one tel me what is firmware.....? and how can i upgrade my 7610 with latest firmware......? im using quite older version..... so looking for ur help......

Thanks....

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
You can use internet for firmware update or u can goto the nokia care for updation of ur firmware..
If the fone is in warranty then they will charge nothing else the charges would b i think rs 200...

OP
Q

qadirahmed

Journeyman
thanks for ur reply.....

can u tell me hw can i upgrade it by internet.....?

and how to see my current version of firmware....?

Pathik

Google Bot
type *#0000# to see ur current firmware version..
then goto nokia.com and select ur fone and download nokia software updater to upgrade ur firmware

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Download Nokia Software Updater , then simply follow the steps ..

And .. Firmware is more like the bios of the mobile ..

Firmware is defined as:

* the computer program in a read-only memory (ROM) integrated circuit (a hardware part number or other configuration identifier is usually used to represent the software);

* the erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM) chip, whose program may be modified by special external hardware, but not by [a general purpose] application program.[1]

* the electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) chip, whose program may be modified by special electrical external hardware (not the usual optical light), but not by [a general purpose] application program.

Taken from : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom