Firmware with or without DVD region free hack for DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I have a Toshiba SD 42HK home theatre system. Whenever I try to play any VCD , my standalone DVD player plays it for sometime and then starts playing from the starting point again. I have noticed this usually takes place between 0-15 minutes of the track only.
I had applied a DVD region free & SVCD hack on my player about 6 months back.

The DVD hack I applied was a firmware one and I think the problem has started because of it. Earlier it used to work fine. It could even read CDs with a lot of scratches.
I am looking for getting the firmware of the drive and searched on Toshiba 's site but could not find it. Also if I apply the firmware then the DVD region free hack will be gone.
Can I apply some other DVD region free firmware for my DVD player (Toshiba SD 42HK home theatre system) ??? From where can I get the firmware (apart from www.videohelp.com)
Please help!!!!!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You said it was a firmware upgrade. How did you apply it, flash the firmware? :? Kindly post more detailed info on exactly you flashed the DVD firmware, because as far as I know, its just a software hack for most DVD players, and firmware changes are almost never required to be made, even in the case of the most restrictive player. Did you happen to download a file and burn it on a CD and use that to change your region setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom