Firewire Problem.. Please help.. URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavrules2006

Right off the assembly line
Hi. I recently bought a HP Pavillion dv2119 laptop. I have a camera which has only a 6 pin Firewire port for transmission of data, which looks like the picture given below. The laptop which i have bought, has a 4 pin firewire port [The smaller version of firewire] Now, i need to use the camera and in order to transfer the pictures, i need a firewire port and there is no other alternative. My laptop has a One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34). So i searched the net for the card which has firewire ports and works on Expresscard slots.. I found this site: Firewire-1394 with this card: SIIG FireWire ExpressCard. Now the problem is that i dont have anyone living in the US so that i can order via them. Neither can i buy using a credit card since i dont have one..:( So can someone please tell me where i can get this card in Mumbai? I live in Mahim/Shivaji park area. If not this product, then can you suggest me some other available product which has the following requirements:

HP Pavillion dv2119
ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34).
6 pin firewire cable [IEEE 1394a Firewire 400 Cable]

Please provide me with a dealer/retailer/distributor of the above mentioned card or any other alternative card with same functionality in Mumbai. Please reply soon as the firewire card is ABSOLUTELY necessary for me since i wont be able to carry out my work without the card. Please mail me if possible..
mail: pranav_s_2000@yahoo.com

Thanks for helping me..
Pranav

6 pin Firewire Cable
*img381.imageshack.us/img381/4918/firewire6pinyy8.jpg

SIIG Firewire Card (Which supports 6 pin Firewire cables):
*www.firewire-1394.com/images/siig-expresscard-firewire.jpg

shantanu

Technomancer
buddy you can get this in mumbai i am sure there is someone in the forum who might help.. i will also look for something will get back to you soon .. DONT WORRY ..

shantanu

Technomancer
ya i will surely just dont worry!!:p :cool:

try it here may be it could help

Last edited:
OP
P

pranavrules2006

Right off the assembly line
Thanks man.. I will go to lamington road and check it out today itself.. Thanks a million. You ROK!!:cool: ;) :D
If possible, can you give me any other solutions as well? Such as any other card which is available in mumbai which supports the above requirements? I would love to have a option for this card.. thanks..

Last edited:

digiFriend

In the zone
as your camera has 6 pin fire wire, and your lap top has 4 pin fire wire. you only need firewire cable which has 6 pin one end(large pin) and 4 pin (small pin) at other end. this cable come really cheap. if you cannot find, search for pci fire wire card. it cost around 175 rs and come with such fire wire cable.( leave pci card and use that cable.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom