Firewall Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I recently installed Zone alarm security suite and I am using NAV 2006 along with it.Now it seems that my computer has slowed down considerably and also my net connection(broadband).What is happening?

please help me.

vysakh

Padawan
NIS is better than NAV for sure but not sure if its better than ZA.
ZA is the best firewall around. so i suggest that you keep ZA.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
then which Anti virus is best after NAV bcoz ZA's anti virus and spyware is noy so good.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can use avast! Anti Virus from: www.avast.com. It is not only light but also Free of cost (You have to register though).

Be sure to disable ZAs AV first.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Now thats your choice. You can experiment with other AVs and settle with the one you feel is more better. I recommend avast! since I had no speed problem with avast! and ZA.

vysakh

Padawan
kaspersky is the best but its a bit resource hungry and takes ages to scan. avast is good. way better than NAV. even nod32 is great

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I have installed kaspersky but now i am not able to surf through IE but opera is running good.how can it be solved.

47shailesh

Security Exp
ZA is best firewall available up2date but if u also need a gud Antivirus then i wud suggest u to leave ZA and opt for NIS 2006 coz single prog run both Antivirus & firewall too and is not less than ZA. & if u use ZA and some other Antivirus then resource consumption will b higher

anandk

Distinguished Member
shyamno said:
will it be right if I install NIS and unistall ZA.

ur pc will get still slower !!!

go for avast or avg + za + adaware combo. shud keep u pretty safe...

btw i use zass. its great, and takes care of all my needs !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom