control software. I have an sancharnet account and use a dial up modem
to access the net, now my isp does not allow inbount connections. so,
if i want to access an computer in my own city through remote control
software, through my computer i cannot do so because my city is small
and there is only one isp. I have tried reverse connecting tools
also and thay do not work. Please anyone suggest an answer

h4xbox

Journeyman
I think deep hates ethical/unethical hacking.. so its kinda related to tht.. i better keep myself under control or ban again !!
Sorry m8 , iam a dunce :(

digen

Youngling
Dude what exactly do you mean by"my isp does not allow inbound connections?
I think you meant to say that the ports are blocked & you are unable to use remote control software,am I right here?or is it me who seems to have lost you there?
What exactly is your task here?If you could shed some light it would help.

OP
S

shreyas_ubale

Right off the assembly line
yes u r right all the ports are closed for incoming connections i.e if i want to make my pc a server, i cannot do so.but i can access any pc outside i.e the outgoing connections are not blocked

and btw, this is not hacking as both the system i want to control belongs to my friend and i hav his permission to do so.

Deep

Version 2.0
h4xbox said:
I think deep hates ethical/unethical hacking.. so its kinda related to tht.. i better keep myself under control or ban again !!
Sorry m8 , iam a dunce :(

I dont think this is related to hacking :)

You can reply if you know the answer...we not the enemies..we just try to follow forum rules... ;)

take care
Deep

digen

Youngling
The best & the safest solution is to request your ISP to open the necessary ports for you & your friend.
Btw which remote control software are you trying to use?

OP
S

shreyas_ubale

my isp are dumb folks . i tried to contact them by email but the mail bounce back!! when i went to the office they said they have no idea how to do it and gave me a phone number which is always out of order and ....... :cry: i cannot change my isp. and i use the VNC for remote control.

theraven

Technomancer
they blocked ports for RDC ? on dial up ?
thats highly unlikely afaik !
which port is ur software using ?
i havnet used VPN etc... so pardon me if im wrong..
but if the software has connection settings try using a proxy and then try to connect

also have u tried RDC that comes with windows XP pro ???
u can only make winxp PRO as server ... any other os as client !!!

digen

Youngling
Could you give us a little more details like what type of connection you have ?
Oh btw depending upon the kind of VNC client/server software you using most of them allow to change the port required for listening or accepting connections.
Like for real VNC:*www.realvnc.com/faq.html#port
Also as raven said if you have XP Pro then it can only act as the server & any other OS above win 95 can act as a client.

OP
S

shreyas_ubale

You guys didn't seem to understand my problem well . so, i am giving you the reason that why exactly think that all imcoming ports are closed:

1: When i try to ping a alive host inside my network,i.e my friend or my friend pings me it says request timed out

so i thought they must be blocking ping requests then i used VNC to make my computer as a server and as a client i used my friend's computer and also tried vice versa but ........

then i thought hmm the port 80 must not be blocked so i used the port 80 in vnc for listening connection but the problrm persisted

then (i don't usually give up soon) i tried installing apache on my system (the installation was correct) and i could use it locally but when my friend tried to access me thru my ip address there was no success..

Now i hope u guys understand the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom