firewall installation help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR RANJAN

Broken In
hi frnds I wnt to install firewall in xp pack2. i am using p2p software bittorent with opera.
i wana know....does firewall block or slow the connection of p2p?

anand1

In the zone
No not at all firewall do not blocks or slowdown the speed of any of the bittorrent client u use.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
First of all XP SP2 has its own firewall which is turned on by default, unless you decide you do not want it. When you install your torrent client for the first time it attempts to communicate through the firewall and you get a prompt, asking you for permissions (unblock program). You have to allow access, then you're set. If you want to install a third party firewall then its a different kettle of fish. For example, ZoneAlarm Free gave me hell on earth with torrents even though I granted access.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
No it means don't use ZoneAlarm Free for P2P. It sucks. I don't P2P on Windows much; I have a McAfee firewall. Before that I used Comodo (its freeware). Both are good.

I use avast av with webseild, P2Psheild, outlook/emailSheild, standardSheild, etc for full security and Real Time Scanning. Combine that with Spybot:Search&Destroy, Ad-Aware, Yahoo! Anti-Spy and kerio/zone-alarm/comodo for full security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom