Firewall for Windows Server 2000/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soorya

Broken In
Could anybody plz suggest which is the best firewall (not the built in one) for Windows Server family?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
If you just need a rules based firewall (with no app filtering) try ghostwall *www.ghostsecurity.com/index.php?page=ghostwall

royal

Padawan
I have been using OutPost with Win2003 for quite a long time ...

Its one of the best . However let me warn you its a bit difficult to configure and not as user friendly as ZoneAlarm :)

Last edited:
OP
S

Soorya

Broken In
Thanks Guys.

saurav_cheeta said:
Zone Alarm May be... ?? but gotto be care full before firewalling a server... ;P

Does Zone Alarm support server? I dont think so. I have ZA pro, but seems like it supports only desktop. Their enterprise counterpart-Checkpoint seems to be expensive.

kalpik said:
If you just need a rules based firewall (with no app filtering) try ghostwall *www.ghostsecurity.com/index.php?page=ghostwall

I am looking for inbound/outbound protection as ZA aswell as program level controls. Will it help? Thanks

royal said:
I have been using OutPost with Win2003 for quite a long time ...

Its one of the best . However let me warn you its a bit diificult to configure and not as user friendly as ZoneAlarm

It's a good bet. I just downloaded and installed it! It seems to have asked my permisson for an outbound access of windows...seems good. Let me evaluate for 30 days! If good, that's the cheapest bet! Thanks bro. I didn't explore it fully. Is it too different from ZA. I am comfortable with ZA- (best firewall ever made)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom