FireTune 0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
FireTune 0.2

FireTune for Mozilla Firefox v1.x was developed for an easy and fast optimization of your browsing experience with Firefox. Usually you have to optimize Firefox manually, which can be time consuming and difficult for the novice user. FireTune helps you here - it includes all the performance optimizations. The only thing you must do is: make your selection. It does the work for you.

BetaNews

krisjr

In the zone
pal i use FF and DSL connection.how can i make some tweaks to my FF and which will show by way of results..wat can i change in the about:config thng

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
This app is only for ppl who are lasy.... :twisted:

But when i installed, i had to agian install the Extension (not all, but some of them) and my setings was lost. My adblock URL's had to be imported again...

It's just a tweaking app which does the work in faster comp, fast connection; fast computer and slow connection, etc.. for faster sppeds.

IMO, this is not needed, u can do the tweaking on our own...

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
lol i forgot to mention that :p

JUST REMEMBER that this will overwrite all of your ADBLOCK and other settings... so if u have extensions it will overwrite the configs and it will reset them..

the included file readme.txt tells you all about every Prefs and entries that this program adds to your Firefox config file (prefs file), or modifys the existing values and status.

i just tested it, it adds directly to the preferences stored in the 'prefs.js', some entries according to your chosen type of computer and connection, and some other entries for the 'Performance tweaks common to all configurations' if you also choose this option.

if you know what you're doing, and know a bit on customizing the Firefox you should be able to do all the tweaks that offered by the program easily, either via the about:config , or create a personal prefs file--user.js and enter all the prefs into this file.

all changes made through about:config are written to the prefs.js file.
prefs set to non-default values in user.js are also written to prefs.js.

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
FireTune 0.4

FireTune for Mozilla Firefox v1.x was developed for an easy and fast optimization of your browsing experience with Firefox. Usually you have to optimize Firefox manually, which can be time consuming and difficult for the novice user. FireTune helps you here - it includes all the performance optimizations. The only thing you must do is: make your selection. It does the work for you.

Latest Changes:
Option added to enable caching of objects that are served over a secure connection (SSL)
Fixing a minor issue with one of the speed optimizations
Lots of code optimizations
Some minor bug fixes
Smaller executable
Updated information and help file
Some more changes to the UI

Soruce

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I think optimising with firetune will not make much difference, it seems to be just a waste of time according to me. Yet it is a good news that firefox become more and more powerful. If these things come integrated with firefox without disturbing its simplisity it will be more good. Many addons for firefox are too great but if they come bundled with firefox or as an optional upgrade package, without do it at your risk tag, it will be more good :roll:

digen

Youngling
@Sreekanth V
Please do not post if you dont have anything to contribute.Everybody have their own views.Comments such as this result in flame wars which we strongly oppose in the forum.

"To each his own" © Digen 2005

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I have used it before............ I don't know if it really makes a difference............ I don't feel any.............. but I still use it................... Just being Optimistic............

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I didn't want any other browser war, and I am sorry. It is just my view about it and I am not a fanboy of any browser. If some other borwsers come more powerful than what I use now I will go for it. And Firefox seems to be so. Not now, but it seems to be going in that direction. If some third party plugin come with all usesul plugins for firefox then it will really be good. Autopatcher for XP do this by collecting all XP updates into one single application and thus help us. Here too firetune is a good movement and if some application come with all good plugins as a single collection and do the rest automatically for us, I think it will be more good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom