***Firefox Vulnerability Prompts Another Interim Release***

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
The Mozilla Foundation has once again released an interim version of its popular Firefox browser. Firefox 0.10.1 addresses a new security vulnerability which could allow a hacker to delete files from a user's download directory.

Users of the initial Firefox 1.0 preview release can patch their browser against this vulnerability by running the Firefox automatic update feature. Users of the preview release can also choose to manually install this patch using the link provided below.

Firefox Security Update Information and Download

Firefox Home

Article Courtesy-www.neowin.net

G

gxsaurav

The best thing I like about this update, is that the fix was only 9 KB in size, & it automatically updated the build version to .10.1, insted of downloading it again, definetely looking forward to Firefox 1.0 final, man this skinable browser is freeking good, specially when the updates are only 9 kb or so in size, but if they keep this up then it will be good like if there is a bug fix in Firefox 1.0 then we can have update of that it only 10 or 100 kb series

zenblue

Broken In
im using firefox 0.9.2...i just checked the auto update and it said " firefox not able to find any available updates".....are the updates "available for" and "apply to" only version 1.0PR?? is 0.9.2 not effected by this vulnerability?...

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I think that firefox is C_R_A_P...

Coz it can't do the most basic thing required by a browser...
Rendering a page...

If it's better than IE then why can't it render pages better than IE...???
Answer me...

sailendra

Journeyman
NikhilVerma said:
I think that firefox is C_R_A_P...

Coz it can't do the most basic thing required by a browser...
Rendering a page...

If it's better than IE then why can't it render pages better than IE...???
Answer me...
Nikhil, I disagree with it. Firefox renders pages well...if you compare with IE, it is way better in terms of features and support for standards. Right now IE has the market share so its only natural that web page authors design their pages and content to make it look the best in IE. As far as Firefox goes, I can vouch for it since I have been using it for the past 6 months - it Rocks! I say all of us should give it a try.... :)

G

gxsaurav

Nikhil I used to think the same, but from rendering from cache Firefox is faster then IE6 SP2, I M using it just because of one reason, it is Skinable in Crystal icons

Use it, U will like it

Firefox rules ... be it the rendering or the extensions . IE was good but due to loss of updates to IE6 i think it just lost ground like Netscape did sometime back against IE ...!!

There are so many security flaws in IE rite now that is not advisable to use IE ... as it was listed on the Firefox Update site ..there are atleast 26 open security issues with IE as compared to only 1 with Firefox

All in all Firefox delivers the knockout punch to IE

G

gxsaurav

there are flaws in firefox, but they are kept behind doors by the open source community to save it's reputation

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
thanx man for the info . firefox sure beats the hell outaa everyone and its nice to keep it updated. keep giving the good info .

cheers

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I think you guys are not getting my point...

Do you remember my website doens't used to open correctly with firefox when i used nested layers......
I had to redesign the whole website using tables only to correct it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom