FireFox Using 729MB of Virtual mem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
a system running AMD 2600 XP 512MB DDR with 80GB in winXP SP2 (uptodate) a wroing of Low virtual memory (which is set to 768MB) has become very frequent..

when i reffer to the TASK manager this is what i found...

*img471.imageshack.us/img471/2186/121bb.th.jpg

FireFox is eating 729MB of it....

i have not done any ff tweak what so ever with FF... also, the version is 1.5 with only one extention (Adblock) running....

what happned?? why FF is useing so much of VM??

this doesnt happen all the time, though it is frequent...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
::vicky:: said:
set ur virtual memory size to system managed size

pls explain... coz what i know that will not solve the problem... ff will still going eat up all the memmory... coz system defalt is showing 384MB...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@saurav_cheeta i guess you would be running a lot of flash embedded websites in FF .

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@charangk

not really... email sites like gmail, yahoo... few forums... few sites like mathsworld... & few google search.... no realy flashy thing... but many of the forum windows get prety havy with TABs....

@QM yes... i do keep them open for days... :cry:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
perhaps thats why it keeps sukin up VM, storing loads of things... restart it sometimes yaar, let the fox rest :p Tabs+java-based sites+flash+lots of pics+infinite text = 700~ mb perhaps :p

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
QwertyManiac said:
perhaps thats why it keeps sukin up VM, storing loads of things... restart it sometimes yaar, let the fox rest :p Tabs+java-based sites+flash+lots of pics+infinite text = 700~ mb perhaps :p

hmm may be i should do that....

::vicky::

In the zone
saurav_cheeta said:
::vicky:: said:
set ur virtual memory size to system managed size

pls explain... coz what i know that will not solve the problem... ff will still going eat up all the memmory... coz system defalt is showing 384MB...
iam assuming u have 2 drives c: d:

brother first u delete the paging file for both of thge drives by setting no paging file option ok

than restart system

then again only for the d (not for c and it is not required )drive set it to system managed size thats it

have fun dude brother

champ_rock

champ_rock
well, i checked up in my ubuntu linux and firefox is taking up 128 mb ram???????????

i hardly keep it open for max 1 hour...... and surf only light sites with pictures turned off (i have a data download plan :))

can someone tell me why this is happening

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
vicky said:
drive set it to system managed size thats it

system by its won takes very less amount of vRAM... when running havy application such as Photoshop flash & few others all to gether, it runs out of vRAM.... so atleast i need 512MB of vRAM where system default is way bellow that....

anyway i did what u said (exept keeping the system default i had to set it back to 512MB)... but occasional error is still there...

T

thunderbird.117

most firefox users faces "memory leaks"

here are some links that can help u.

1. *forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=354828&sid=40fc36c4eee2093a59032fb93d3adc97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom