firefox takes long to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
when i first got firefox it used to fire up immediately. now it takes about 10-12 secs! is it cause i ve installed a lot of extensions?

siddharth

Right off the assembly line
lamrinnirmal said:
when i first got firefox it used to fire up immediately. now it takes about 10-12 secs! is it cause i ve installed a lot of extensions?

NOPE. I am an experienced firefox user. Not because of extenctions. Some other prob.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well for me its worse it takes long to open and then yaa windows open fast but if i minimize it
and say do some other work and then try to maximize firefox its turns really slow and buggy
from what i noticed is tht if ur system RAM is being used up too much then this happens

vysakh

Padawan
the best solution is OPERA

BTW almost all softwares take some time to load the first window. havent u noticed this? for eg take MsWord or PPT or excel or photoshop etc

suhas_sm

Journeyman
It is obvious for anything loading first window to take time since its being first loaded into memory ... once in there it doesnt take anytime to open subsequent windows that is why we use RAM for ! :)

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
yeap guys !!! Its really really tooooooooo slow when it starts for first time....and then i choose to open new tab and use the same. just to avoid IE to use.. Hope this is corrected later on.

OP
L

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
suhas_sm said:
It is obvious for anything loading first window to take time since its being first loaded into memory ... once in there it doesnt take anytime to open subsequent windows that is why we use RAM for
mate i dont think that you should happen with a web browser. adobe acrobat and photshop etc have to load lotsa plugins so it takes time. and it never happened the first month i used firefox. it use to just fire up! maybe they have some microsoft developer on their team
:wink:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
me thinks its the skins that take a long time to get the software running. If u can connect can any 1 of u remember that when u use a modern skin with winamp it takes a long time to start. maybe that thing applies to ff also. Just a guess tho.

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Use IE

Guys, why struggle. Use with tabbed browsing plugin or use QuickBrowser, the awesomely fast tabbed browser htp://geekstuffs.tripod.com
located at right-bottom of main page

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
hey guys there is a topic on this issue make a search and open a browser type about:config ... install the said plugin and fix the prob...

goobimama

 Macboy
try reinstalling

Re-install firefox, but not in the usual way. Uninstall, then delete the installation folder, then navigate to your documents and settings folder>username>application data>mozilla and then delete the folder. It should work. Also, do not install any of those buggy themes...

Milind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom