Firefox save image woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hi all

i am actually on GPRS ...and speed as u all know is pathetic

recently i found that that a image loaded onto a web completely , when given to say to my hard drive .. was once again downloaded by firefox..

so if the page is actually loaded with the images say around 100 KB , when i give save image as > it starts downloading freshly instead of saving it from the web page ..

i want it to save straight away download from the web page instead of downloading it once again... just like in opera...

can u guys help me out ???

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
bro if u see the downloads section in firefox... u can see that instead of immediately copying from the cache or whtever... its is once again download sthe file from teh net..

for broadband users.. this isnt much difference.. for users like me ...on gprs.. this is is a great deal...

casanova

The Frozen Nova
No, I don't think happens in FF3. I am on broadband but download 100 images on a go. I would have noticed it if they were downloaded once again. BTW, you can try an addon for FF3 (SaveImageInFolder) that has an option to save the image from cache. This is a great addon. One of the reasons I switched completely to FF3 from opera.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya i too begining to like ff..

ok here is wht i found ..\

i think .. but still not sure...

it starts to download if the pic is not fully downloaded..

anyway i will install ur addon and see..

thnks a lot buddy

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Even in case the pic is not fully downloaded, it would only download the remaining part. But I don't know why it shows that pic download it is starting from scratch.

Welcome.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The problem has been for me always right from FFx 1. Even i want to know how to make it copy from cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom