Firefox Safe Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
I think this is a unique issue.....

I use Win XP Pro with sp2....

Like most people, I use Firefox. The issue is, when I use Firefox, after a few days, I get the Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode) being displayed in the Start Menu Recent programs list.

Please check the screen shot.

This happens when Firefox runs normally and I use the shortcut in Quicklaunch to open Firefox.

But, when I open it from the Start menu recent progs, It opens in Safe mode.

*i36.photobucket.com/albums/e48/Overdrive413/Start.jpg

I would like to know why this happens. When I use the normal firefox, why is it that it shows as Safe Mode???

Could somebody please explain..

I have also reformatted my computer many times and each time, the Firefox shows as Safemode after a few days.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Try rightclicking on the firefox icon in the quick-launch bar and select Properties..

Go the Shortcut Tab and make sure there is no other switch used with the firefox.exe application. If it is, then clear the shortcut & redirect it to your Firefox browser location.

Savvy:!:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Both the safe mode and the normal launch uses the same shortcut path .... except that the former uses a "-safe-mode" at the end ... windows checks only the path .. and since both have the same .... its shows whichever it find first ....

U should see a similar case when u play UT2004 .... u'll see the UT dedicated Server being listed on the list of recently used items ... lol ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom