Firefox problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz.. i am using Firefox version 1.0.2 and i am facing some problem with its ability to display images on certain websites. I am not able to view images on certain websites , i dont know why ?? they are not ads or banners...they are images which just dont display and are left blank. For example check this link
*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=182&model=485&modelmenu=1

it is a page of asus' website and i am not able to see a single image on it. my browser just expands the space that the image fits into and leaves it blank.

Whats wrong with firefox ?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I don't think it is a Firefox problem because I used FF, Opera, IE, and Maxthon to test it-didn't work on any of them. I guess ASUS made some mistake. Also, the image link you get from the properties, leads to some other part of their website instead of showing the image.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
yep nothing is wrong with ff...only the images r broken and the site is not completely compatible with ff.
checked it with ff, IE, maxthon and maxthon with gecko engine...the site has been made primarily for IE, and hence there r some problems like the top frame and some elements in the left frame not loading properly.
and yeah, when i tried opening the images individually, they open some other page.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
ok guys i m using firefox 1.0.2, i m abl to check my GMAIL only in HTML, i dont have a link for standard view. Also on top of the page it says : FOR A LIST OF SUPPORTED BROWSERS, click here...... Anybode facing the same prob??? Help guys

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
I face this problem in many other websites also..... i dont know whats the problem ? ....Anybody got any more suggestions ?

swatkat

Technomancer
Check this in FF. Go to Tools> Options.
Here click "Web Features", and select "Load Images" and deselect "For the originating websites only".

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Check this in FF. Go to Tools> Options.
Here click "Web Features", and select "Load Images" and deselect "For the originating websites only".

hey buddy that option was deselected by default itself. Any other suggestions ?

Sandeep_K_Ram

Right off the assembly line
Doubt that it is a FF problem. Just to confirm . Export all your favourites and other stuff to a file . uninstall the FF . Reboot . Delete the FF folder from program files or wherever u installed. Clean the registry . Now re-install FF and import back whatever you saved . Try it now ...if the same prob appears ...then its not a FF problem.

Install all necessary plugins like flash and shockwave player from www.macromedia.com

PS : checked that link ...strangely enough ..most pictures are working except a couple :?:

rajesh

Journeyman
Sandeep_K_Ram said:
PS : checked that link ...strangely enough ..most pictures are working except a couple :?:

Yup. All the pictures are appearing. Maybe ASUS saw this post and set their site right. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom