Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude666666

Broken In
I am using Firefox Portable 2.0.0.11. Of late my firefox just either freezes up and just stays in memory but the window doesn't show. To restart it, I have to force close firefox using the taskkill command. And sometimes, when it does open up, no websites open-up. I've tried everything, even deleting the firefox folders and cleaning registry and then re-installing but nothing works. The only thing left to do is re-install windows which i'm too lazy to do.
If anyone of you can provide any way to solve this then please tell otherwise suggest any browser (save IE) which supports google toolbar. I used to use firefox for the sole reason of using google toolbar. Can anyone fix this??? Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also if there is any log file in firefox portable that may help me in troubleshooting this problem then please tell me.

My network connection settings are also correct so please do not ask me to check that.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go to Start----Run----and type firefox.exe -profilemanger and delete all the existing profiles and create a new profile.
Note: All Firefox windows should be closed

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess it is a problem with Firefox portable only......

Does the original Firefox hang?

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
its eating ur memory [pc] .......

install only imp extensions ....... remove unwanted 1`s .......

Yes, and also disable the extensions you don't currently need and enable only when you need them.

Update to the latest version!!

OP
cooldude666666

cooldude666666

Broken In
I guess it is a problem with Firefox portable only......

Does the original Firefox hang?

Yes even the original firefox hangs. And not just firefox, every damn firefox compatible browser hangs and if it starts it is unable to load any website that i command it to open. One more interesting thing to look at will be that since 2-3 days, even my all other browsers, opera, safari and IE are starting to hang the only difference being that they resum from their hanged state quite quickly say in 15-30 seconds...Does this mean that this could be a windows problem? Cause I'm having another weird experience of burn failures using nero even at speeds on which i could burn easily previously.

Yes, and also disable the extensions you don't currently need and enable only when you need them.

Update to the latest version!!

its eating ur memory [pc] .......

install only imp extensions ....... remove unwanted 1`s .......

Well for starters, I had only few extensions that were deleted with deletion of firefox and its related folders...so when i now install, there are no extensions...

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Just click ctrl+alt+del and see if you have a process called svchost running in your user name. Normally it runs as system or network, but not your login name. If its there, in My Computer type the path C:\heap41a and see if it exists, if it does, you're infected

OP
cooldude666666

cooldude666666

Broken In
Thanks everyone for the help. I've formatted my partition and installed win xp sp3 from ms website. The most convincing solution that was given to is I should say was that which tells about some infection. I guess I was infected but I can't be sure asi have already formatted my windows partition and everything is fine now.

Try Opera :D

i guess i had mentioned this earlier...Opera was working...

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
guys open some link are not open in firefox (*www.gg-game.com/ladder/) when i click on view the ranking of CS its nothing happen in firefox but its open internet explorer

N

Net007

guys open some link are not open in firefox (*www.gg-game.com/ladder/) when i click on view the ranking of CS its nothing happen in firefox but its open internet explorer

I think this site only works with IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom