firefox not associating with htm files

Status
Not open for further replies.

raasm287

Journeyman
hi there,

I recently updated firefox from 1.04 to 1.06.
the problem is that htm and html files now open with microsoft office component.
should'nt firefox associate itself with these files rather than my doing that from the control panel???

morover if I change that in the open with menu, firefox icons go missing.
in the folder options menu and under the file types, there is supposed to be the advance option where we can change the icons etc etc but instead of that restore option appears.

pl help as this is the first of its kind that I hv faced and is driving me crazy

saROMan

QA Juggler
well Bro in Firefox there is a option to set it as your Default Browser..thry setting that..and see what happens....also there must be option in Firefox to set File associates...try playing with that.......

saROMan

QA Juggler
hmm Ok do this...look for any Html file on ur HDD....now Right Click on that File... you will see the Open With option in the list(Press Shift key While Right Clicking if u dont see the Open with option) there if Firefox is in the list select it..if not Click on Select program and from the list choose Firefox..dont forget to Click the Check box saying Always Choose the Selected program to open this kind of File...

Hope this solves your problem.....

OP
R

raasm287

Journeyman
nobody??

well let me explain my problem in a more descriptive way.

first the icons of firefox have gone missing:-

*img262.imageshack.us/img262/7856/32hx.png

moroever in the folder options menu and under the file types, there is supposed to be the advance option where we can change the icons etc etc but instead of that restore option appears.

*img262.imageshack.us/img262/7305/17yi.png

please help somebody :cry: :cry: :cry:

sudeepg123

Broken In
solution

hey stop using that nasty firefox.better use mozilla1.7 :x :!:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Hit the restore button and then click Advanced button to assoicate it with Firefox.

And sudeepg123 if u don't know the answer don't post like suggesting a change in browser.

saROMan

QA Juggler
Ok you can try this Delete the html/htm extensions..reboot...and reassign the html files with FF...if html extension is not created automaticaly..you will have to Create them Manually.......

Caution : I have never tryed this ..so donno what will be its outcome...so keep your Fingures crossed b4 doing it ;)

OP
R

raasm287

Journeyman
saROMan said:
Ok you can try this Delete the html/htm extensions..reboot...and reassign the html files with FF...if html extension is not created automaticaly..you will have to Create them Manually.......

well mate i hv done this . and i hv even gone one step further by deleting the
extensions from the registry and tried again but we are again back to square one
:cry: :cry: :cry:

saROMan

QA Juggler
hahaha... :):):) well bro seems -->>new FF is not for you<<--...why donn u try other browsers and see if they work for u.........if they Do then you can assume that my prediction Between -->><<-- is true .... ;)

OP
R

raasm287

Journeyman
hey guys, I've found a soln. Firefox has admitted this as a bug. this can help others too:-

Code:
REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML\ShellEx]

Save as "ShellEx.reg" include the quotes so it doesn't get saved as "ShellEx.reg.txt".
Double-click the reg file to remove that key from the registry.

and then reboot...ur problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom