Firefox: Fatal error in videodownloader plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
hey all
i downloaded firefox and installed the videodownloader plug to download some videos from the youtube website.
but when i click on the videodownloader icon i get this error in the popup window. what to do?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: youtube_get() in /home/.decca/javimoya/videodownloader.net/vd/test.php on line 56

din

Tribal Boy
The error is not that of extension. That is the site's error. I mean youtube website PHP error. They might be using something to prevent downloading.

Anyway the error you mentioned is not coz of FF extension.

paul_007

Padawan
make sure that u r clicking the video downloader icon in the same window where the video is about to be streamed ie where the video is about to be played.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

yes i am clicking the right icon in the right place.

does anyone else have this problem. i get this with all youtube videos...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I havent tried it out lately but if you need to download those videos anyway, just enter the link at *videodownloader.net . Thats the ext's site :)

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

The above link said:
Hey guys,

Checking out the Firefox extension comments it looks like YouTube somehow prevents Video Downloader from working with the videos hosted there. This site has some workarounds, but it looks like for the time being, Video Downloader doesn't work on YouTube.

Please note that I don't endorse downloading videos from them. Please read the YouTube terms of service before you make a decision to try any method.

Daniel Lackey
Community Support

looks like youtube has blocked video downloader....

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Now with video downloader not wrkg with youtube, v need a new tool for it. It is a flash thing rite? (.flv extension) So can ne1 thorough with flash elaborate whethr display in .flv can b saved using some flash tool?

PS: wudnt this b illegal to do???

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

noi dont think so. it player is designed in such a way so that the stream is not leached. anyways if u guys can find something please tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom