• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

firefox bookmarks corrupt !!!

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
hi, i have freshly installed win 7 ... was using ff 34 on old os ... have upgraded to ff 38.0.1 ... bt the problem is, its not importing my .json file for bookmarks ... it say "unable to process, file might be corrupt" ... bt if i open it in notepad its there ... how do i get old bookmarks ??? thanx

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have not used ff, however just suggesting that look for the default bookmarks file somewhere under user-->app data/ local setting etc--> ff data (name may not be exact) This could be hidden folder and delete the files that hold bookmarks and retry import

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1001685

"Using a new profile, to prevent
problems with your normal profile, load one of the bad files. Then
<Shift><Control> B to open the bookmarks main window. At the top of the
page, select Import And Backup. Then press
Export Bookmarks to HTML.
Then after, clear the system and do the same with the other bad file(s). The
reason is you should be able to combine the HTML files later,"

OP
ax3

ax3

Cool as a CUCUMBAR ! ! !
[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION] ... thanx a lot ... will b installing new/fresh os ... need to backup ff bookmarks (html or json) ... can test html file bt how do i make sure that .json file will work or not ??? coz last time it was just corrupt & lost many bmarks ...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION] ... thanx a lot ... will b installing new/fresh os ... need to backup ff bookmarks (html or json) ... can test html file bt how do i make sure that .json file will work or not ??? coz last time it was just corrupt & lost many bmarks ...

The json file will be incomplete if corrupt...which u can test using online Json validator JSONLint - The JSON Validator.

Top Bottom